PDA

View Full Version : Did I get scammed? Please help...

cr480r
03-27-2007, 07:01 AM
I recently won an auction for an 40" tecate axle($172)... The seller has great feedback and has actually bought some parts from me in the past... Well the calculated shipping cost was a bit high($64) so he agreed to give me a break and had me send him a money order for $200 even ... Well a couple weeks pass and a UPS truck pulls into my yard while I was undressing for a shower... I get through with my shower and nothing is waiting on the porch for me:wondering . So I then contact the seller for a status update, and he tells me the item was already delivered and gives me a tracking number... I run the tracking number online and sure enough it says: delivered 3/23/07 2:09 pm... the same time as I was getting in the shower 3 days prior... I go down to my local UPS shipping terminal and have the lady check the tracking number for me... She then tells me there was a "fall-out" during transit, meaning my axle fell out of the package and is lost... She said they had already destroyed the remains of the package as no return address was provided by the sender...meaning obviously no insurance on the package and nobody would even be notified of the mishap... She had no suggestions to offer me for a solution... So I basically paid the guy with a M/O and UPS for some reason shows the item as delivered to me... AM I S.O.L??? COULD THIS BE A SCAM???? OR JUST HORRIBLE LUCK??? It pisses me off the think I was cheated out of $200 by a clever seller... But it just kills me even worse to think my extended axle is sitting in a wherehouse somewhere going to waste....ANY SUGGESTIONS????:confused:

MO dx
03-27-2007, 08:11 AM
My brother in law worked at one of there terminals he told me that stuff got thrown in the dumpster or the back of sombodys car if it didn`t get claimed after a few weeks.

ATC-Eric
03-27-2007, 09:08 AM
I dont think you got scammed, you got screwed!!!!!!

That really sucks man. Thats complete crap that just because something fell out of the package, it got thrown out. On top of that, some worker marked it as delivered, and it just disapears. That is straight out abuse!

Im sorry to hear that. I dont think there is anything you can do, except make sure you insure future purchases so the delivery schmucks dont screw you over.

Can you ask for a supervisor? Go throw some anger around at ups, and see what happens..........

EDIT: Throw some cash on it. If the person behind the counter tells you its gone, throw down $50 and tell them its theirs if they can go to the back and produce an axle (assuming it was lost at that location). I know it sucks to pay more money out, but a little bit of grease money for an axle is better then no axle at all.

dgould
03-27-2007, 11:01 AM
The same has happened to me with axles. They are like a missle if the ups person throws it in the truck, the tube lands and stops and the axle breaks thru the end and it's gone. Get your tracking number and call 877-524-4493 and start a claim or 1-800-PICKUPS and start it there. When ups gets the package it is no longer the sellers issue, it's up to ups to take care of it. Even if he didnt insure it ups puts $100 insurance on it but will give the sender the money. It will take at least 2-6 weeks for ups to do it but after the claim is filed call the 877-524-4493 everyday and it will happen faster. Kinda like the squeaky wheel gets a greasing.
Good luck,

Pete
03-27-2007, 02:13 PM
wrong, it is the sellers issue until you receive your package and contents are in good condition.

Brockey
03-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Ouch that hurts, but I have witnessed similar items coming out of boxes like this. I use to off load trucks for Wal-Mart. Weight sets, famous for barbell, or curling bar to come on out. Hope they find it for you man.

BigGreenMachine
03-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Brutal! I was the guy you were bidding against I'm almost sure.

grundlegrabber
03-28-2007, 12:03 AM
All UPS shipments are automatically insured for $100. The sender needs to initiate an insurance claim with UPS. Sender should have packed it better and insured it properly. Sender's problem if it got lost, not your fault.

ATC-Eric
03-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Good point, your not out $200. Its the sellers responsibility to get it to you safely. Let him know.

cr480r
03-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Brutal! I was the guy you were bidding against I'm almost sure.

Yeah I wanted it pretty bad... I was really exited to be getting one...until all this happened...

cr480r
03-28-2007, 09:55 PM
I had a very nice phone conversation with the seller today. I asked him what he put for an item description and he said: 1985 Tecate 3-wheeler durablue axle... Its no wonder a theif stole my axle.... I usually put something like: atv parts, axle, seat, etc... Now because of the accurate description the theif knows exactly what he has... I am just glad the seller turned out to be a descent guy, he said he will gladly send all my money back if the axle doesnt turn up by friday...What a relief...This was a major lesson for me... dont trust anyone...not even UPS... My next item sent will have a vague description and be insured for the full value...........

ceaserthethird
04-05-2007, 12:35 PM
so did they find the axle ?

any money back yet ?

cr480r
04-17-2007, 04:59 PM
so did they find the axle ?

any money back yet ?

No axle found... what a waste of good parts... They seller said my money is in the mail. I won a auction for another 40" axle a couple weeks ago...lol... So I am not as upset anymore...