PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 81 82 250r parts

mohawk
03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
not posting a link, not saying my ebay name.
but there are auctions ending in a couple hours on ebay for a stripped out 1981 250r.
and the bids are low and cheap.

i dont own the business, so i dont see the money (so DONT think im tryin to get bids).

just tipping you guys off , that these parts are sitting low right now, and u may be able to get a part you need SUPER cheap.and most of the parts are really really nice.

ebay is a fickle thing, and timing is a roll of the dice. sometimes the parts go high, sometimes they go low. this time, they are going low.

so good luck, hope you find what your looking for.

and ya sorry, we ship lower 48 continental states only (sorry brocky).

petesatc
03-28-2007, 03:43 PM
yeh you won't ship to me either....why??? i got 357 feedback all pos and nearly all in the USA?????

mohawk
03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
your welcome to come and pick them up, or get a usa address.
other then that, as you brits put it " i cant be bothered".
been burned by over-seas bidders in the past. easy solutiojn: eliminate the problem.

on a side note: it only takes ONE question mark to make the average human being aware of the fact that you are asking a question. the rest, are just a waste of pixels.

82300R
03-28-2007, 06:27 PM
petes atc is a very nice and honest guy. helped me out big time and didn't have to. i would reconsider letting him buy from you. he would be a good customer.:crazy:

petesatc
03-29-2007, 09:00 AM
petes atc is a very nice and honest guy. helped me out big time and didn't have to. i would reconsider letting him buy from you. he would be a good customer.:crazy:
thank you 300r :D :D :D
as for 'i can't be bothered' it's the same as shipping to the US just take it to the any post office and ask for a export label, fill it out (takes 1 minute) and it's away not much bother in that????? plus don't tar all buyer's with the same brush there good guys all over the world NOT just in the US.....
sorry for going on but i just don't understand why ???? my cash is as good as anyone elses......

ATC-Eric
03-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Burned by over seas bidders? Ebayers in the US can burn you just as easily, and its not like you ship it before you get paid, right?

400exguy
03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Im not real sure why all of you guys are giving him a hard time. Its his choice to ship where he wants. He is the one that has to go to the post office and fill out the papers and stuff. Im sure his auctions clearly states US shipping only so its not like your buying it paying for it and then hes coming back and saying wait I dont ship here. Respect his decissions because all this bitching isnt going to fix anything.

I will add though that shipping internationally isnt all that hard. I did it once and live in a small town with no lines at the office. It took about 10 mins. If your shipping internationally everyonce in a while or only one item at a time its ok...however if your selling a lot of stuff and shipping a lot of things at one time it would totally be a pain and I wouldnt do it either.

I see both sides of the discussion and respect the seller because its his auction:Bounce

87250es
03-29-2007, 03:18 PM
not posting a link, not saying my ebay name.
but there are auctions ending in a couple hours on ebay for a stripped out 1981 250r.
and the bids are low and cheap.

i dont own the business, so i dont see the money (so DONT think im tryin to get bids).

just tipping you guys off , that these parts are sitting low right now, and u may be able to get a part you need SUPER cheap.and most of the parts are really really nice.

ebay is a fickle thing, and timing is a roll of the dice. sometimes the parts go high, sometimes they go low. this time, they are going low.

so good luck, hope you find what your looking for.

and ya sorry, we ship lower 48 continental states only (sorry brocky).

lmao, and you talk about a waste of pixels.
you could have said
cheap parts and posted a link the the users items

cocacola
03-29-2007, 03:57 PM
lmao, and you talk about a waste of pixels.
you could have said
cheap parts and posted a link the the users items

Excellent point!

I also don't think it's very fair to stereotype all buyers in the UK as "those brits". I do see your point Mohawk. I've been screwed by overseas bidders as well and I feel your pain. It's your right as a seller to choose not to ship internationally and bidders should respect that. As for myself, (stereotyping a little bit here myself) I do alot of business overseas and have found that most buyers from the UK are much more respectful and pleasant to deal with than a lot of buyers here in the states.

As for Pete, it's an absolute pleasure to do business with this brit! You don't often find people as friendly and willing to help as this guy! I frequently act as a "middle-man" for international shipping, so Pete if you ever need an item shipped let me know - be happy to help!!

Teeksoffroad
03-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't buy from that place anyway. Look at the feedback. 24 negatives !!! I don't care how many positives. That's still a lot of neg feedback.

82300R
04-03-2007, 11:33 PM
just recieved parts from mohawk. go them fast with no problem.

mohawk
04-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't buy from that place anyway. Look at the feedback. 24 negatives !!! I don't care how many positives. That's still a lot of neg feedback

are you talking to me ? if so, you need some common sense.
heres my feedback link at the end of this post, analyze it .
as you can see it shows over 10k positives. if you count the people that dont leave feedback, because many are too lazy or too inexperienced to figure out ebays "complicated" (note sarcasm) feedback system, then you can figure that there have been over 16k-18k auctions, with only 24 negatives in 4 years. and if you do your research by reading back, the 24 whopping negatives are from guys that either didnt do the research and ordered a wrong part, are ebay noobs who didnt contact me to rectifiy the situation, or are just plain stupid.

ive refunded more parts then most of you guys will ever sell. because i give the buyer some room for error, like if he ordered the wrong year item.
because i ride too, and its my mission to get people on the road.
and even though i retired from atv's after my accident 5 years ago,and stick only to my harleys now, its still riding. its a dedication to your sport.
thats the difference between me and shade tree screwballs tryin to pass junk off as quality items.

i have more experience in the parts then my mind can even keep in memory.
and if you guys that are bashing me would care to step up to the plate, have at it.
it only reminds me why i rarely come to these forums anymore.

i miss the old days when i first found these forums. members numbers were lower, maturity levels were higher, and common sense was a given.
dont agree with me? well, you made the point FOR ME: i start a post, like this one, with good intentions and integrity, and it turns into a frikken witch hunt.

and as for shipping overseas...
i send out over 300 packages a week here. UPS comes to my door. this shop is busy as hell and we dont have the time to send someone to the post office, which is always packed, 8 miles away to stand in line for an hour to ship it out.
if you dont like our policies, call my boss and *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* at him.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=mohawksalvage&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS

82300R
04-05-2007, 06:41 PM
i think you have the same basic problem that rangerover/eastcoast atv/infinity had. a seller with more personal contact with buyers/ enthusiast than just the sale at hand. if that makes any sense. i have bought several thing from you with no problems.

icp4life162005
04-06-2007, 01:10 AM
hey pete just buy have it shipped to someone here in the states and have them ship it to you for a very small fee or free if there nice (of course you pay for shipping that is).

dizasterzrfun69
04-06-2007, 09:28 AM
here goes the ebay forum again :rolleyes: im gonna miss er

mike from long island
04-06-2007, 12:26 PM
It could get costly for him to ship parts all over the USA then have someone ship to him. I can see if sending 300 packages a week could be hard to fill out a few forms.But that is his way.He doesnt want to be bothered.I personally do offer international shipping.It gets me more bids and raises the final price.In 100 auctions I listed on 8 people won that I had to take a few minutes to fill out the forms for.Did take but a few minutes too.I get all the forms ahead of time and now what weight is needed for each form.I go to the post office with everything filled out.I also grab a huge handful of tracking # too.The post office loves me.All they do is scan and then its done.

also I just bought some parts from mohawk.Great packing and fast shipping thanks

hey pete just buy have it shipped to someone here in the states and have them ship it to you for a very small fee or free if there nice (of course you pay for shipping that is).

mohawk
04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
thanks guys

and as for this
here goes the ebay forum again im gonna miss er
you wont have me to blame.
i started out this post , to the point, polite, and just tryin to help out.

you can thank the bashers and little angry people if it does get removed.

on top of that, why remove it ?
who are we to get punished like 14 year old kids?
its a forum, its freedom of speech.
meh !

200x Basket
04-06-2007, 04:02 PM
why is this guy and post still here?

dizasterzrfun69
04-06-2007, 04:03 PM
i just know they have a zero tolerance for people fighting over stupid stuff like this. I'm not blaming anyone and maybe they'll let it fly. You dont ship to canada and your not going to. thats it.

TimSr
04-06-2007, 07:32 PM
why is this guy and post still here?

He is still here because he has done nothing wrong. We dont ban people who do not offer international shipping. Nobody is coming in here saying they paid for something they did not get, or that they have gotten ripped off. If there is any question as to why someone is still here, it would be why we are letting a bunch of people post several pages of complaining about international shipping every time this guy makes a post. dizasterzrfun69 made the statement "goodbye forum" because this is exactly the crap that got it closed before. Not because of the guy who makes the original post, but the continued attacks every time he does. THE GUY DOESNT SHIP INTERNATIONALLLY! GET OVER IT! I can understand that. When you deal with hundreds of packages a week for your livelyhood, its a little different than doing your buddy a favor. Personally, I only bid on auctions with an actual description of the item. That is my choice. If somebody wants to help an overseas buddy out by be being a third party buyer/shipper, then put up or shut up. Demanding that this seller do it, if he does not wish to is out of line.

Unlike the last case of this, nobody is accusing this guy of ripping them off or hidden unethical business practices. If you have been ripped off by this guy, then by all means speak up. If you want to complain about his shipping methods, dont deal with him. They are openly presented. He is not scamming anyone or misrepresenting anything.

Ive heard enough on this topic. We all know his policies. We all know our overseas friends are not happy about it. All that can be said has been said. Take it or leave it! This topic of international shipping has been done to death, and as far as I am concerned, its now a closed topic, and unless you are offering to help somebody out, that subject is now closed. If you have comments concerning the original post in this thread - parts- it is still open for that reason.

TimSr
04-06-2007, 07:38 PM
i think you have the same basic problem that rangerover/eastcoast atv/infinity had. a seller with more personal contact with buyers/ enthusiast than just the sale at hand. if that makes any sense. i have bought several thing from you with no problems.

There is one major difference. People were making accusations of dishonest dealings with rangerover, and he had an ebay record that should make anyone investigate those accusations further before buying. The complaints about Mohawk are simply people complaining about international shipping. BIG difference.

200x Basket
04-07-2007, 06:14 AM
He is still here because he has done nothing wrong. We dont ban people who do not offer international shipping. .

i do not care who or where he ships. this forum is not for this kind of post nor the reason he started it. here is ebay rule #4 for you to read.

the original post in the this thread skirts all the way around this rule. let me restate his post in simple terms.

The company i work for has a lot of 250r parts for sale on ebay that are going to cheap. please check them out.

#4 DON"T post links to your own auctions in a new thread OR post. This includes item numbers without a link, or saying "checkout my ebay items seller id xxx". Not havin it. If you see someone is looking for something you have on ebay, SEND THEM A PM! I know you'll have your buddies on here pimping your stuff for you, don't over do it or we'll find a reason to ban you and your buddy both from the ebay forum.

Example: Yeah I got some wheels on ebay right now heres a link xxxxxxxxx
Example 2: I just listed some parts, my seller id is xxxxx
Example 3: my parts are ending soon with no bids, item # xxxxxx check it out