PDA

View Full Version : Almost all together now

Greiver430x
03-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Well I got a stock cylinde and piston (for now) for 350x motor. The piston and cylinder were in good workin shape so I began to put everything together. motor is back on the quad, and all I need is to get my head back from the shop to finish everthing up.:beer Put some meetier tires on the back to pick her up for some ground clearence, and made a skid plate for under the motor to protect it from the rocks.Hopefully I get my head back soon so I can tell yall how it runs.:cool:

Greiver430x
04-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Weel Guys got it back together, and it started on the third kick. Runs really rough though, and seems to load itself up with gas under a load. When I ride up hills i gotta hold it wide open and it just seems put up the hill. If i get it going on a flat and open it up it goes like hell, and btw even without my 13:1 86mm piston im impressed. I thought maybe my carb was dirty from sitting so i took iit apart and it seems clean. only thing is its a lectron and its a strange thing to me, It doesnt have a jet in it just a hole for the needle to go through. The guy i bought the quad from said that the needle has a flat side (which i saw) and it had to point a certain way or it wont run right. Im gonna mess with it for a while tomorrow and see what happens. If anyone has any experience with these carbs give a little insight, its most appreciated.:welcome: