PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana trails?

rabid_elephant
04-28-2003, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know any public trails in Louisiana? There is a place called Cat island Wildlife reserve near me and it has trails with signs with atv's on them. Also i know it has hiking trails But im not sure if the atv trails are open to the public or not. I read on a pamplet that the atv trails are restricted to wildlife purposes?????? wtf? I guess that means for hunters only?? I think i read in the pamplet they have hunting out there too. This place just opend up tho and its use to be private property does any one know what im talking about? local louisiana people?

LaDano
04-29-2003, 11:00 PM
Were about, haven't heard of it. If you like sand go to Holley beach, used to ride out there back in the 80's. If you like mud then there is the sabine river bottom. If you are around Alexandria then I can help you out riding around my lease, lots of mud and woods. If you are around New Orleans then we go to the spillway, its a huge area of sand and mud, you cannot ride all of it in a weekend. On the 15th me and some buddies of mine are going to the pearl river area, lots of mud. Hope this helps and if you are around some of these areas I'll be glad to point you out in the right direction.