PDA

View Full Version : What should I build first?

Aka_am
03-31-2007, 11:18 AM
I can't make up my mind, I want both. Both will be frame from the frame up. Mostly buying off ebay, here, and 3ww. I'll get aftermarket if I need it or want something extra, but it will be mostly a budget build on both. Both will be 250r's but I just need help decide, I write some points that I think are right, and you tell me in the end what I should do.

TRX, blue frame with metal flake, black plastic's, polished parts by me. Might cost more to build in the end, might not, all depends on how the prices go. It will cost a alittle more becuase there's that extra tire and rim, but I figure for the price or forks and triples and that stuff, I could get the same on a 4-wheeler if I'm patient. It might be a little slower from what I've heard, but it will still own, my friends atv's, they have stock blaster's pretty much. Most people riding around here, have like 300ex's 400ex's, kinda sport but nothing faster then that, and there all stock too.

ATC, silver frame with black plastic's, polished parts again. Not so much on the aftermarket, my sister won't ride it or even ride on the back becuase it's a 3-wheeler, lol. umm It'll probally cost less to build, being less parts, won't sell for as much even once I start putting money into after it done as the trx.

Now the riding I'll be doing, is there's some old fireroads, that like 10 miles long, not straight, but close, slight turns, though creeks at some places, along the rocks right by the tracks on others. and there's also woods riding, and the paths off the trail with jumps and whoops, tight turns. I also ride by my house where there a woods course set up, and it really tight. but other then that, it's just driving around and exploring other trails. I havn't ridden in a while, anything or my own. I have a 200s, but it was mostly in the feild's by my house and the neighbor's.

I would really like the trx, because I want to take my sister with me, she enjoys it alot. and all my friend's tell me to get one becuase they have them. It's not that I don't like 3-wheeler's It'll be faster and all but when I took a sharp turn on the 200s, the front tire always slid if I was the right speed..I didn't ride it on the trails like I said, more in the feilds and across a old fence line (like a 3-4 foot section, with a dip in it) to the neighbor's and he had a huge tabletop and other things, mud pit.

I do want to try doing flat tracking next year, but only if I feel comfortable and have my project completed. I can handle either one I think, ridden a banshee that was modded all last summer, until we parted ways, and kicked it around like nothing. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST!!! Please help me.

Posted on a trx forum as well.

85 250sx
04-02-2007, 11:05 PM
well if your on a budget your better of buying either one localy and restoring it to your likings rather than buying peice by biece it will probably cost you twice as much to build one rather than buying a complete one.

Aka_am
04-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Well I don't know prices on ebay are pretty good, I figure including engine price about 1300-1500 for the atc and a little more for the trx..

My friend and his older brother keep on talking to me like i'm stupid saying I'm going to die on either, like there some ungodly beast. but if I am going to build one of them do the trx becuase it's safer and I can handle it alot better.

I have ridden the neighbor's banshee for 2 years every weekend. up until recently I think my friend's blaster is a dog, and sucks on the suspension wise.

Any more input?!? I need help I don't know.