PDA

View Full Version : Need some LT80 ideas

RedRider_AK
04-01-2007, 02:31 AM
I recently got a couple of free LT80's (one runner, one parts machine). Since then, I have destroyed 2 rear axle bearing carriers, one from a snowmobile hitting it at 35 mph, the other apparently doing too many jumps/bottoming the shock too much. It may have been cracked from the previous owner. I don't know. I only weigh 130 lbs, I don't think I could have wrecked a bearing carrier in a week, no matter how much air I may have gotten. I was doing stuff like 2 - 3 foot drops onto flat land, maybe some 2 or 3 foot jumps onto flat landings. Not that much hardcore stuff.

Anyway. I ordered a new axle bearing carrier just yesterday (98 bucks!) and a set of WideRide spacers (front and rear +5 inches!), as well as a 420 re-gearing kit with a claimed +5 mph on the top end. The LT80 already has an FMF Fatty pipe with TurbineCore silencer. I was wondering what kind of shocks I can scavenge around for and stick on the front end of the Zuk', to stiffen up the suspension for the new wider wheelbase. Also, I want to hear ideas for how to get a stiffer rear end. I unfortunately don't have 700 dollars for a set of Works shocks all around.

Thanks for the help.

skippy
04-01-2007, 01:10 PM
good luck w that.. works is the only bet that i have seen w the 80's/./ i also have a few of them for the kids.. and they have cracked rear cases, which is the most common prob w them.. the travel of the rear shock will exceed the flex of the cases and they will crack.. go onto exriders.com and speak to lt80 on there, he is the expert.. we have all reinforced that area, but you will still need to buy a rear shock for your weight to help solve that prob..

RedRider_AK
04-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks skippy, I'll join that site and ask there.