PDA

View Full Version : TrikeFest 04!!?!?

Instinctz
04-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Ok ok, I know its probably ridiculus to begin planning.. but mabye since its been at haspin, and close to the north'estern folks for 2 years now, we could have trikefest at little sahara in 04?

Was LS in consideration for 03 trikefest? And is it for 04? I would like to think that a vote would work, but how many that vote, are the ones actualy going? I would assome naturaly that the people closest to the riding spot, would want it there the most. And since howdy is so darn close, and he is 'the trike fester' I guess its up to him in the end.

Pleeease have it in LS 2004! :-P

TimSr
04-28-2003, 05:25 PM
As primary organzier, Trikefest has been Howdy's baby. The first attempt only had a handful of participants, but the 2nd one at Haspin was very succesful, so "Trikefest" will probably always be synonomus with Haspin Acres in the minds of those who attended. Because of its prior success, and its vacinity to its organizer, Id think its not likely to change.
I do have a suggestion though. Your not the only guy who doesnt live in the vacinity of Haspin, and you might want to think about organizing your own event instead of voting to have Howdy do it for you. Im sure they will be happy to promote it on this website, and Im sure there are lots of guys who live closer to you than Haspin acres. Start way in advance, and post some polls about the wheres whens, and get a feel for interest from riders in your area or from a practical travel distance. Check with the riding area about reservations needed, discounts, etc. and check for camping areas for those traveling. Then when you get your info together, post it, and publicise it. And give it another name besides Trikefest" so it will look like a complimentary event rather than competing with the original event, such as Trikeboree or Three Wheel Rally or whatever your imagination comes up with. I think a rallies in different parts of the country would be great, but they will need to be organized by people who live there.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-28-2003, 10:14 PM
in addition to what Tim sr said.I think it would be great to have a whole series of events like the jeep jamborees etc. Another idea;they can all be called trikefest only now it would be Trikefest Haspin, Trikefest LittleSahara,or Trikefest Glamis :) I can see Howdy now printing up t-shitrts TRIKEFEST "The Series"
I dont think I would be able to go if its more than a days drive.Long vacations are rare where I work.I also have 6 or 7 weekends permanently planned every yr for mx nationals.

MountainRider
04-30-2003, 02:05 PM
All great ideas gentlemen! I've been hearing about Trikefest02 for almost a year now, and it's killing me that I can't make Haspin this year!!! I live in the Oklahoma City area, and would love to be a part of a central states jamboree at L'il Sahara. Some other folks that live close by are Tri-z Dude/ S.E. OKC, Smokinwrench/Dodge City KS. There's another guy in Woodward OK (can't recall his nick), and a guy in Eastern Kansas that make several runs to Sahara every year too.

Darrell

jeswinehart
05-01-2003, 10:45 PM
timmSr hit the nail on the head as far as i am concerned.
and like triZjim,,, i too haft to plan way ahead on vacation times.
the mrs. is just dying for me too take her some where other then michigan/ indiana to ride + i know alot of you from buying/selling.
wouldn't go as far as saying i'll be seeing anything west of michigan this year but,,,,, next year is wide open for me !

john