PDA

View Full Version : 340 Polaris Cea Me Goo

Tecate250
04-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Just picked up a 335 l/c 2 cylinder polaris snowmobile. :wondering
Almost did not get it cause its a polaris. But this snowmobile is going where no snowmobile around here dares not to go. Strickly on water. Not a water crosser but as a sea doo hence the "model" name Cea Me Goo. It has a artic cat style track on it with pvc piping for slide rails" never thought of that" but clever none the less. This thing is too float on its own not running. I think this would be trick. And if it is bottom bound then its just a polaris and thats 1 less pos. But I have faith. The motor runs great and the belly pan is all plastic and in good condition. It has more then 130 psi in both cylinders so it is on its way out. Buddy says its a 1980 340 txl. I have no idea. It has a blue trunk in the back. It has its heat exchangers under the floor boards" very unusual". It has a sticker that is near the back that says txl but can look like lxl. It has the normal style front suspension leafs and shocks.pull start only. It could have been purple but it might not have. I have no pics yet but I need some help with this one.
A good pic of what it looks like would be great.

toocheaptosmoke
04-02-2007, 08:16 PM
cool, those are actually good sleds, pretty fast in their day. The TXL's had around 60 horsepower I believe, and came stock with 38mm carbs.

http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/PP5851.html

InPiEcEs
04-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Yes......the ole TXL 340's.......great sleds for their day, and still pretty quick for a 340.
Some people would kill for one here in the states, especially an early one, say a 77-79, but the later ones too.

Tecate250
04-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Thats my hood all right. But the txl decal is on the tunnel. So this machine will have plenty of balls to hydro plane? A buddy of mine works with underwater sumersables and I think I might get him to make me some pontoons for skis.
Not sure if I want to run the cooling system like an outboard or like a snowmobile.

84honda200s
04-07-2007, 11:53 AM
i hydro planed with a 1980 - 1982 enticer 250. im pretty sure the 340 will do it too. but im not sure because i believe the enticer was lighter. im not sure how heavy the txl is.

Tecate250
04-08-2007, 11:19 AM
The sled will be highly modified to lighten it up as well as propulction, and floation. I might make it with no suspension to cut down on weight. Anyone know the specs on this sled? I need to know the air screw setting. We got 20 cm of snow last night so I can tinker with it in the "winter" lol. Anyone have any sugestions about how I can do this please feel free to post what you think.