PDA

View Full Version : Good Mini Quad tires?

RedRider_AK
04-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey all. I'm currently contemplating what I'm gonna spend my next bundle of cash on. I know it's gonna be some parts for the LT80 I have, but what exactly it's gonna be, I have yet to decide. I figure that with my WideRide kit, and the increased power output the engine is gonna have with my FMF pipe and 20mm carb kit, it's gonna need something more than the skinny and bald stock tires on it. I'm trying to make it look like a little Quadracer replica, so some flat-profile rears and slightly taller skinny fronts are key.

Here's the problem. I want a tire that will have good forward traction on hard snow, sand and dirt. I also want it to be fairly slideable. The tires also need to be LIGHT. Plies are not an issue, and actually it's probably best if they're 2 ply, as they won't be under too much stress.

Thanks for your suggestions.

okieRrider
04-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I put turf tamers on the rear of my sons and they do great so those are some to look for also i have heard that the ground buster tires are some good ones for the lt80. If you are doing any type of mods that will make a cvt engine rev higher you need to do clutch work or it will be defeating the purpose of the engine being able to rev. I would take the clutch cover off and take 2 rollers out of the front clutch to start with...Hope this helps

RedRider_AK
04-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I put turf tamers on the rear of my sons and they do great so those are some to look for also i have heard that the ground buster tires are some good ones for the lt80. If you are doing any type of mods that will make a cvt engine rev higher you need to do clutch work or it will be defeating the purpose of the engine being able to rev. I would take the clutch cover off and take 2 rollers out of the front clutch to start with...Hope this helps

Ground Buster, you mean the ones that used to be called "Shredders" (Like a cross between Turf Tamers and Holeshots)? What size did you use? I personally think 11" wides in the back might be too much, so I'm looking more at 9.5" inch rears and maybe some 20x7x8's in the front. Anyway, thanks.

okieRrider
04-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I put 18x9.5x8 on the back and it has 20x7x8 scorpions on the front.