PDA

View Full Version : LONESTAR RACING-every get the shaft from them?

mudbogger
04-03-2007, 08:16 PM
I recently-3/13/07 placed an order online from these guys,still havent seen the parts, talked to representative from them today the say the bearing carriers and antifade locknuts have to be machined,I may see them by the 14th of this month-DARN 1 MONTH? HOLY MACKERAL!!! :mad: HAVE YOU GUYS EVER HAD THIS ISSUE WITH THEM BEFORE????There webpage doesnt say anything about machining item prior to purchase at all!!!:mad:
I am in the frame of mind to cancel the CC payment and just order from ROCKY MTN-Rad manufacturing, etc at least they have the items in stock!!!
Does Magic Racing sell carriers and antifade locknuts?LOL!!! I mean darn man, this is unreal how is a guy to ride when he needs to wait a month for parts??

ATC-Eric
04-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Check ebay, might be able to get your lonestar parts there. If you can find it there, it will be cheaper too. I ordered my Axcalibar axle on ebay (brand new in box), saved me $100, and I still got the warranty with it.

That wait isnt right. They should have their parts in stock, I would ask for a discount, or some sort of hookup for the inconvienence if you decide not to cancel your order.

Eric

dizasterzrfun69
04-04-2007, 02:28 AM
yea i'd "threaten" them. Tell them your going to cancel your order if they dont give you a major discount or something. I havent bought from them but that is major BS if you ask me.

Bigbore
04-04-2007, 09:23 AM
If you've ever been around or have had anything to do with making a product, there can be a delay or lag. If they're building 20 different axles and are out of the one you ordered should they stop and make ONE axle for your order and then go back to the run that they were doing? Not to mention they have to be heat treated and plated (probably not done in-house) then inspected and boxed. If they were only making one axle a month would be a long time, BUT if they were only building one it would cost you 20x's as much. Be patient and give it a little time. You've only waited a month....

Dammit!
04-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Don't be too much of a PITA for them. They might decide it isn't worth supporting us at all anymore. Be firm about it but don't be a jerk. ;)

dizasterzrfun69
04-04-2007, 04:38 PM
If you've ever been around or have had anything to do with making a product, there can be a delay or lag. If they're building 20 different axles and are out of the one you ordered should they stop and make ONE axle for your order and then go back to the run that they were doing? Not to mention they have to be heat treated and plated (probably not done in-house) then inspected and boxed. If they were only making one axle a month would be a long time, BUT if they were only building one it would cost you 20x's as much. Be patient and give it a little time. You've only waited a month....

Well they should put a note on their website that it will take a month to make the parts. I understand there is almost always delays but thats besides the point. If they have it on their website they should have it in stock on their shelves UNLESS they make a note that they will have to machine the products and it could take a month or two.

SWIGIN
04-04-2007, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=dizasterzrfun69] If they have it on their website they should have it in stock on their shelves

so you want all companies to pay someone to take things off there sites as they run out of them?

thats crazy....maybe you should of called ahead and seen if they had the part ready to go

i know it sucks to wait but get real....that will never happen

just be glad they will take the time to make you ATC parts anymore.

Dirtcrasher
04-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm glad there being so "accomodating" by still making some ATC parts. The problem here is that no one seems to have informed the buyer that the parts were "4 to 6 weeks out". In which case the buyer may have A - continued riding the ATC or B - ordered the parts from a supplier that had them in stock.

You shouldn't have to be that specific when you place an order, THEY are making some money or they wouldn't sell the parts. Plain and simple, you should have been told by Lonestar of the expectede delay.

dizasterzrfun69
04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm glad there being so "accomodating" by still making some ATC parts. The problem here is that no one seems to have informed the buyer that the parts were "4 to 6 weeks out". In which case the buyer may have A - continued riding the ATC or B - ordered the parts from a supplier that had them in stock.

You shouldn't have to be that specific when you place an order, THEY are making some money or they wouldn't sell the parts. Plain and simple, you should have been told by Lonestar of the expectede delay.

AMEN :lol:

mudbogger
04-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Don't be too much of a PITA for them. They might decide it isn't worth supporting us at all anymore. Be firm about it but don't be a jerk. ;)
I would never be a jerk, and would never push the issue to that level with them-thats not my style at all.I wouldnt want to burn a bridge for others here-thats for sure!!!I am however in agreance with others that expressed there disapproval of them(LONESTAR)for not sending any type of correspondence to me weather it be email, phone call, etc about the anticipated wait for the items, I do understand we are dealing with 20+ year old rides and parts arent just readily in stock for them, but in the age of EBAY and other online stores, these items are readily available for purchase in many other marketplaces , and to wait for an item for almost a month is in my opinion absurb and poor bis dealings.I will never buy from them direct again, I purchased $1700.00 dollars worth of parts from them and still can't ride, I could have purchased OEM from a supplier and been riding already!!!!

I totally agree with you, my major again complaint is the lack of notification on my items that had to be machined, either there page should express/imply to the consumer there may be a slight back order-or something to that effect.I an again very disappointed in them and plan on never buying from them direct again, and to make matters worse, I found the items cheaper and in stock from 2 suppliers tonight!!!GRRRRRRRR:mad:

dizasterzrfun69
04-06-2007, 09:42 AM
and to make matters worse, I found the items cheaper and in stock from 2 suppliers tonight!!!GRRRRRRRR:mad:[/QUOTE]

yea, I learned that after you make a BIG purchase like that, its best not to keep looking because you almost always find it cheaper :lol:

mudbogger
04-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Tell me about it, I am still fuming about it---and I have extra time aloted tonight that is wasted as well, oh well---:cry: