PDA

View Full Version : Can you please help us out!

canadiandevil2
04-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Here in NB they are trying to pass a law prohibiting anybody under the age of 14 from driving any kind of off road vehicle (ATV, dirtbike, sled). 14-15 year olds will only be allowed if they take a safety course and are in contstant
supervision of another adult that has also taken the safety course. We need you to sign this petition so all our youngsters can enjoy the joys of off roading like we did. It only takes a second. Thanks!

For more info go here.....
www.letthemride.ca (http://letthemride.ca)

To sign the petition go here....
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/letthemride/index.html

Eric250R
04-05-2007, 12:47 AM
signed it.....hope it works out for you.

84honda200s
04-05-2007, 01:13 AM
i think kids should have to take the course. in my opinion i dont think young kids (kids under the age of 16) should be driving around on the bigger bikes, trikes, quads, and sleds at all.

my little brother knows this kid that rolled his grizzly and broke his jaw and broke 2 ribs along with his neck. the kid was 15. young kids do not belong on the bigger atvs or bikes even sleds. they also dont belong on the sports bikes, trikes, and quads such as the 250R , tri z , cr250 and so on.

i would say kids limit (kids ages 15 and under) on a atv should be about the 200cc range and bikes 125cc and sleds 440cc . ive seen to many young kids get hurt badly. i dont wanna seem like a dick but its for the bet interest of the kids.

i didnt mean to step on toes if i did. its just my opinion.

i signed because i dont think adults should have to take a class so they can ride with their kids. its just another reason to get you to spend more cash.

RedRider_AK
04-05-2007, 01:42 AM
200cc range and bikes 125cc and sleds 440cc.

I think 440cc is too big even, especially if it's a liquid-cooler. I'd say 340 fan.

84honda200s
04-05-2007, 01:45 AM
I think 440cc is too big even, especially if it's a liquid-cooler. I'd say 340 fan.

yea your rite. the 340 l/c blizzards were pretty fast. so ok we will say 340 f/c for the sleds. even they have some nutz to get thre. w some decent snow.

RedRider_AK
04-05-2007, 01:48 AM
I say that because a guy recently got hit by a sled, while riding his dirt bike. The weird thing is, he was in the middle of nowhere, on a hardpacked snow small-aircraft airstrip, and 3 kids riding a single machine hit him. Broke his leg, and totaled the bike. I saw it after the accident and it looked like a truck hit it and then ran it over a few times :crazy:

traxxasx
04-05-2007, 04:44 AM
i was riding a 125 pinger when i was 14, by 16 i was riding a 94cbr600, and a 04 GSX-R 1000

84honda200s
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
i was riding a 125 pinger when i was 14, by 16 i was riding a 94cbr600, and a 04 GSX-R 1000

well back when you and i were kids we respected what we had. no offense to anyone on here that are kids. but ive seen it first had kids now have no respect for their machines (known to them as toys) what so ever. they spill them they laugh, they wreck it they laugh, they find out mom and dad has to pay to get it fixed or buy a new one they laugh even more then says oppps. i think if kids had to pay for their mess ups and maybe they will learn to respect their so called toys.

im not saying all the young kids ride like morons but almost all of them around me do. they should have the kids out here take that class. god knows about 70% would fail. now kids dont think im ganging up on you. im not. i see adults out here that are just as bad. but they are all very experienced riders that have bin riding for about 10 years or so.