PDA

View Full Version : PJ1 Worthless paint

dizasterzrfun69
04-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Well i've only heard good about the PJ1 paint. I now have 5 cans of it and can only use 1-2 of them. I got one from rons cycle in White pigeon MI about a month ago, I just went to use it and no cigar. It wouldnt spray and then when it did it wouldnt stop. I cleaned the nozzle with paint thinner and i cleaned the top of the can where the nozzle goes and it still didnt work. I cleaned it all about 3 times and even tried a different nozzle. It still doesnt work.

A couple weeks ago i bought 4 cans from rocky mountain atv. 2 black (exhaust paint) and 2 gray (engine & case paint). The gray didnt look like it was the right color so i gigured i'd spray a piece of aluminum and see what it looked like. It shot out the top of the can and all over my hand and it wasnt even the color i was hoping for. I dont even want to try the other 3 cans of paint I have. Now i have like $45 worth of paint i cant even use :mad: I highly DONT recommend PJ1 paint

ceaserthethird
04-05-2007, 05:07 PM
PJ 1 :banned:

Has any one else had this problem :wondering

crack the Can Open use a Brush :rolleyes:

dizasterzrfun69
04-05-2007, 05:13 PM
not that i know of. Everyone i talk to says its the best paint out there for this kind of stuff. :crazy: Maybe its just the operator? Probablly. I've had all kinds of wonderful luck when trying to do my 85 250r project. Its kinda got me in the mood to not even go to trikefest. I do one thing on the project and then something else goes wrong. I cant wait to get it done though just so i can ride it's **** into the dirt, maybe even blow er up :lol:

About the paint tough...Does anyone have any ideas what the hell im doing wrong? I did everything in their directions. Its above 70 degress etc...

Red Rider
04-06-2007, 03:28 AM
I've had that happen with various brands of spray paint before. You use a little bit, clean out the nozzle & put it back on the shelf. In a year or so, you reach for that same can of paint, that was just fine when you put it away, and now it has the same symptoms that you speak of. Sounds like the cans you got were pretty old stock. Better luck next time.

hublake
04-06-2007, 06:59 AM
I painted the motor on my 85 BR with their primer and nucast aluminum and did have any problems what so ever. Have also painted the exhaust system with their high temp flat black and no problem.

dizasterzrfun69
04-06-2007, 09:25 AM
well maybe i'll have better luck with my exhaust paint.

Bryan Raffa
04-06-2007, 05:53 PM
never had that happen with there paint,, usally the dollar store paint does that after 2 second's ...man that just pisses me off too!! lol

dizasterzrfun69
04-06-2007, 06:26 PM
well today it worked good enough for me to paint 2 engine cases. :rolleyes:

Bryan Raffa
04-06-2007, 08:21 PM
the same can is working now? LOL

chris200x
04-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I gotta vote thumbsup on the Pj-1. all three cans I just bought worked well. I just hope it holds up to the abuse like everyone says it does. ;)

dizasterzrfun69
04-06-2007, 11:49 PM
the same can is working now? LOL

yupp. same can. It must have heard me thinking about throwing it across the neighborhood. :lol:

RedRider_AK
04-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Is paint really tough enough to use on ATV's, what with all the dirt and stuff they kick up? I want to repaint my LT80 frame and engine, but I'm afraid it'll just be a waste of time, and that the paint will chip off instantly.

3 weelin geezer
04-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Take them out ( with a gun) at a shooting place if you have some private land. Make a ring of fire around it but don't set it on fire. Go back and shoot them. Makes a great fireball. It will bring a smile to your face or better yet a cackle. Lemme say this again...Stand back at least 50 yards.

fatcat
04-08-2007, 12:26 PM
you have bad paint it happens all the time to all brands. you just got stuck with bad or old stock.

Dammit!
04-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Contact PJ1. You may get free replacements.

3 weelin geezer
04-08-2007, 03:03 PM
you have bad paint it happens all the time to all brands. you just got stuck with bad or old stock.

You know what it really is? Its all those $%*@#%$%!! customers :banned: that must spray $#@! at the store. The ones that have that shelf looking like a Van Gogh with all that paint they spray on it to 'test' the color and don't buy it. They just spray it cuz its there. They don't clear the valve and the paint just dries in there clogging it all up. The ones that are too stupid to see that the cap already has some to give you an idea what it looks like. It of course looks different depending on the surface type previous color you spray it over.

fatcat
04-09-2007, 09:37 AM
never thought of that.