PDA

View Full Version : timing with that moto 4

urban_chevy
04-06-2007, 12:05 AM
That link wouldnt download yamahauler,thank you anyway,i can figure out myself how o set the timing,but i was just wondering if there was an easy way,u know how it goes,tear somthing all apart and find out that there was an easier way,haha,lol,heres a pic of my POS

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/urban_chevy/meee.jpg

smokinwrench
04-07-2007, 10:15 AM
I think you should be able to search for a 225DX threee wheeler and get the timing info from it. My thought is that it wouldn't be adjustable. To adjust the valves though Im sure there is a plug you pull on top of the flywheel cover then pull the plug on the outside of the flywheel cover. Then stick a socket inside the flywheel to turn over the engine. A mark should comearound that you can see in the other hole. I am guessing it should be a T. At that point you should be able to adjust your valves and set any timing needed.

urban_chevy
04-07-2007, 04:04 PM
on the flywheel side?where the recoil is?i dont see any plugs,and isnt adjusting the valves the same as timing?

RedRider_AK
04-07-2007, 06:38 PM
There's 2 different types of timing, ignition and valve.

urban_chevy
04-07-2007, 07:03 PM
o,ok,well i was taking it apart today and i took of the cover on the head for the gear for the valve timing,and i pulled it over and the gear wasnt moving,it sounds like the chain slipped off of the crank,does that happen?,im just goin to pull the motor out because theres no east axcess to the crank,let me know what you think,thanks

urban_chevy
04-08-2007, 10:53 PM
ok,so i pulled off the top of the head,and the chain did slip off the crank,i put it back on but im not sure if i had the timing right,i lined up the gear with the line,but not sure if it is lined up with the smark timing,any way,i put it all back together and tried to pull it and it wouldnt budge,whats wrong????

RedRider_AK
04-09-2007, 01:35 AM
Hmmm...

If you timed the valves wrong, you could be hitting one of your valves with the piston, which would cause the pull start to not move, if one valve is coming down and the piston is heading up (they would cancel each other out and not move). I don't even know what to tell you, you probably bent your valve by doing that.

urban_chevy
04-09-2007, 11:54 AM
so i changed the timing,but i dont know if its right,redrider,u were right,it pulls fine now,but how do i set the timing?do i put it at bottom dead center and liner the vavle gear with the mark?and then how do i know if it right with the spark timing?

urban_chevy
04-09-2007, 04:48 PM
ug,u were right,the valves are bent