PDA

View Full Version : I forgot to read the rules of this forum.....

nd4speed
04-06-2007, 06:23 PM
NO posting links to your own auctions in this forum. That is what the classifieds are for.

here is a copy of the rules that you must click to accept when you visit this forum.

The Dos and Do Nots of the eBay Forum:

DO NOT

#1: DON"T be post baiting or Trolling. This means intentionally weaseling your way into saying something without it being quite a flame just to piss someone else off and get a reaction out of them. This is also known as "Trolling" for a reply. Upon hitting the "Post" button expect your time in the ebay forum to be very short if you make a baited post.

Example: I wouldn't have a tiger 500 if it were given to me, JUNK!
Example2: I hope the seller of that item chokes on a piece of bacon and dies in the morning so we won't have to all put up with such idiotic auctions anymore.

#2: DON"T be a flaming poster. This means saying anything to a member with the intention of it being degrading towards them. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your freakin mouth shut or take it to a private message. It will not be tolerated one iota on the forum.

Example: Your an idiot. Your a fool. Only a genuine retard would pay that much.
Example2: What a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* retard you are.

#3: DON"T post useless crap. If you don't have anything beneficial to add to a conversation, or that you think some one can learn something from then save everyones time and don't post anything at all. Period.

#4 DON"T post links to your own auctions in a new thread OR post. This includes item numbers without a link, or saying "checkout my ebay items seller id xxx". Not havin it. If you see someone is looking for something you have on ebay, SEND THEM A PM! I know you'll have your buddies on here pimping your stuff for you, don't over do it or we'll find a reason to ban you and your buddy both from the ebay forum.

Example: Yeah I got some wheels on ebay right now heres a link xxxxxxxxx
Example 2: I just listed some parts, my seller id is xxxxx
Example 3: my parts are ending soon with no bids, item # xxxxxx check it out
DO

#1: DO post links to interesting items on ebay that you think other members of the forum would find useful or stimulate discussion on three-wheelers.

#2: DO use Constructive Criticism: http://www.inc.com/articles/2001/08/23257.html But DO NOT cross the line into a flaming or baited post, you won't be warned. The object of constructive criticism is to help a person improve, not belittle and piss them off.

#3: DO investigate auctions thoroughly and post your findings for other members to see. Point out scams and known bad sellers.

#4: DO post and discuss the inner workings of eBay and Paypal, whether you like them or not.

#5: DO share buying and selling tips and tricks with other members. Whether it be what category to list items in, what time of the season is best to buy, or the cheapest place for specific items.

Consequences

If you post in this forum chances are you will say something that'll end up getting you banned eventually. There will be ZERO TOLERANCE of any of the above things. Do it and you get the boot. Don't complain or you'll get more time tacked on. Don't ask why you were banned or removed, theres 4 reasons directly above this paragraph. Its unfortunate that it has come to this but it has to be this way. Deal with it or don't use it. Each person is going to get three strikes and then they will be permanently removed from the ebay forum. Any person found using/registering a second account to bypass an ebay forum ban will have BOTH accounts permanently banned from the entire forum. DON"T RISK IT, I WILL FIND YOU IF YOU DO IT!

First Offense: 7 days removal from the ebay forum

Second Offense: 30 day removal from the ebay forum

Third Offense: Permanent removal from the ebay forum.

In addition to that, if you seem to be weaseling your way around any of these rules or "trouble just seems to follow you" we reserve the right to single you out and remove your access to this forum for whatever time period we deem necessary.

Re-registering a second account to read or post on the ebay forum: PERMANENT FORUM WIDE BAN WITH POSSIBLE MAC ADDRESS DENIAL.

You've been more then adequately warned.