PDA

View Full Version : Took my yama to a shop n they didnt even want to work on it

william
10-21-2002, 07:10 PM
a 125 tri moto....man, that stinks......will try to get a yamaha dealer to work on it for me

YamaChuck
10-22-2002, 05:50 PM
Shitty dealer!!!!!

OldSchoolin86
10-22-2002, 07:15 PM
Must be nice to be able to turn down work when ever you feel like it. To bad the jerks didn't want to make a buck or two. That's okay, just find someone who wants work on it and will put some pride in it.

william
10-22-2002, 07:50 PM
decided I am just going to sell it...and buy a new one

Dirtcrasher
10-22-2002, 07:52 PM
I bought a blaster that a mouse had ate through the air filter, the meathead started it before I got there to buy it. So I tore it down to the cylinder and the main bearings had cotton and debris in them and seemed rough. So I figured - simple no water cooled motor why damage the crank without the right seperator and pullers so I'll bring the bottom end ONLY spotlessly clean to the YAMI dealer for new mains. I always do my own work but I let this go. I got it back 50$ for main bearings and 500$ labor, I could have killed the bastards as we all know whats involved in that type of repair, Then I just happened to lift out the clutch pushrod to oil the working area and there was the ball WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE OTHER END OF THE PUSHROD!!!!! As I handed my motor back and explained there mistake I was shaking I was so upset that I trusted them to do it correctly. The first time I trusted a dealer and they screwed up - called it a basket case on the paperwork - and offered no appology or discount. Never again!!!! :evil:

edog
03-18-2004, 09:43 PM
That sucks,it's better when you can do the work thats for shure.Theres a yamaha dealer 2 min from my house.They are very usefull with info.

200xman
03-18-2004, 09:53 PM
It's all in the dealer. My local Honda shop won't work on 3 wheelers because of the liability but they are very helpful on parts. A lot of the time it's not the mechanics but the owners that determine what gets worked on.

edog
03-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I do all the work myself in my garage.Don't trust anbody with my baby.My restoration is almost compleate.Check out my pics 1985 225 dxn tri moto with sky blue plastic.

wheelieking71
03-18-2004, 10:23 PM
I bought a blaster that a mouse had ate through the air filter, the meathead started it before I got there to buy it. So I tore it down to the cylinder and the main bearings had cotton and debris in them and seemed rough. So I figured - simple no water cooled motor why damage the crank without the right seperator and pullers so I'll bring the bottom end ONLY spotlessly clean to the YAMI dealer for new mains. I always do my own work but I let this go. I got it back 50$ for main bearings and 500$ labor, I could have killed the bastards as we all know whats involved in that type of repair, Then I just happened to lift out the clutch pushrod to oil the working area and there was the ball WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE OTHER END OF THE PUSHROD!!!!! As I handed my motor back and explained there mistake I was shaking I was so upset that I trusted them to do it correctly. The first time I trusted a dealer and they screwed up - called it a basket case on the paperwork - and offered no appology or discount. Never again!!!! :evil:

even i was upset before i was done reading that. i had a shop (not dealer) which i trusted install a new clutch basket in a kx500 for me one time (years ago). when i got it back it didnt feel right. tear into it and find that the crack head that worked on my bike decided to pull a fast one and file my basket smooth, and stash the new one (which i paid $280 for) in the bottom of his tool box. walked back in carrying my kx500 motor and DROPPED it on his front counter (busting up his plexiglass and tearing a few pictures) and told him to have a look inside. the owner was pissed and called the mechanic up and fired him on the spot right in front of me. nobody has worked on any of my stuff since.

edog
03-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Sorry about the shitty mechanic man.

twgranger
03-18-2004, 10:30 PM
:? You don't need them just go somewere else. Is this better moderator?

Groundworx
03-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Most of us have probably had experiences like this. I definetly have. I do my own work most of the time. There is a local dealer here in this small town that just opened. I let him work on my TRI-Z right after I bought it. I was sceptical. The guy working on it was only 23. I was suprised however. He stayed after closing, called me 3 times, and even had me come up there and he explained to me and showed me everything he was doing. He is the only person besides myself who will work on my Z. I don't think you can ask for better service from a shop....

Jeb
03-19-2004, 10:14 AM
I just was wondering if any of you guys realized this post is from

OCTOBER OF 2002!!!!! :shock:

:D

short4stuff
03-19-2004, 10:25 AM

Its just edog and his post whoring, bringing all these topics back to the top, this is the 3rd one that I have seen, 2 of them were the same topic, but a different post. (225dr charging system)

bbechtel16
03-19-2004, 11:58 AM
even i was upset before i was done reading that. i had a shop (not dealer) which i trusted install a new clutch basket in a kx500 for me one time (years ago). when i got it back it didnt feel right. tear into it and find that the crack head that worked on my bike decided to pull a fast one and file my basket smooth, and stash the new one (which i paid $280 for) in the bottom of his tool box. walked back in carrying my kx500 motor and DROPPED it on his front counter (busting up his plexiglass and tearing a few pictures) and told him to have a look inside. the owner was pissed and called the mechanic up and fired him on the spot right in front of me. nobody has worked on any of my stuff since.
Wow you're my hero.

J.D.
03-19-2004, 12:08 PM
I know short4stuff. I think this "edog" character is beginning to get on peoples nerves. Mainly and especially mine.

Groundworx
03-19-2004, 12:17 PM

LOL, I didn't notice that. I was at the top so I read it and replied. SOrry guys. I have only been a member for about a month.... :(

84250r
03-19-2004, 01:55 PM

LOL, I didn't notice that. I was at the top so I read it and replied. SOrry guys. I have only been a member for about a month.... :(

I wouldn't worry about it Groundworx! ;)

Now its a 2004 post! :D