PDA

View Full Version : Ported Tecate and Tri Z cylinders

Tecate250
04-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Me and a buddy of mine are in a huge debate about how fast each others bikes are.I own a 85 tecate and he owns a 85 tri z. Sadly his bike always seemed to be quicker. I just had my cylinder resleeved and max bore a hot rod con rod. I want to port my cylinder to get rid or the defects in the passageways but do not want to screw any thing up. As for my buddy he had the hot rod con rod and a ported cylinder. In his regular cylinder it is not a mirrored image. One port is blocked off from factory where the pulse line comes out??? Does this have any reason why the port is blocked off? Can you port it out like the other side with no down side?
Can some people post pics of there ported cylinders and other mods for these bikes?
So on top of those mods to my bike, I also have V force reed cage Bassoni Expansion chamber "from what I am told by a few members" Dg silencer Uni air filter, Trx 250r rear shock and custom mount, with the stock gearing. Big reds can keep up with me. I know Big reds can go but the tecate should be way faster then that shouldnt it? I need to beat this guys ass.

Yamahauler
04-10-2007, 05:20 PM
There should be no way in hell a big red could keep up with a tecate. Sounds like it needs a major tune up, or freshen up the top end or something...

BigGreenMachine
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
LOL If you got bigreds on your heals you have problems.. What gearing are you running? 22 inch tires right?

Mine stays on 660 Raptors start to finish on pavement.

Tecate250
04-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I am running stock gearing and 22 inch bear claws in the rear with no air pressure.
My tecate never ran right but it never fouled a plug with 20-1 mixture with Ultramar 2 stroke oil. Help me out.

Bryan Raffa
04-11-2007, 06:21 PM
heres a tri z phase 2 cyl job I added a weld and machined it.. as it get real thin in that area and didnt want to take the chance punchin through.

BigGreenMachine
04-11-2007, 08:35 PM
20:1 on synthetic?? Try 50:1 if its synthetic. GO to crappy tire and pick up some amsoil interceptor and run it at 50:1.

Tecate250
04-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I use to buy mutol 2 stroke racing oil for 16 $ a liter and that stuff did not help at all. Plus getting to Canadian Tire is not that easy. I always never have 2 stroke oil on hand due to using it so much. The oil I use is from a Ultramar gas station. I always had good luck with it and its low cost. Thanks for the pics raffa. Did your tri Z have the blocked off port? Or did you get it like that?

Bryan Raffa
04-15-2007, 08:36 AM
yes it was blocked off.. I put the boost port in raised and widen the exhaust port,ported the intake and transfers and polished the exhaust port.

Tecate250
04-17-2007, 05:11 PM
So you made both sides match? Does the fuel pump nipple change the air flow in that port?

Bryan Raffa
04-17-2007, 06:06 PM
yes both sides match and they were inlarged. Thats a good question on the pulser fitting..Im shure it does a little but how mutch I do not know.

Bryan Raffa
05-17-2007, 07:24 AM
yes I did:D :D

scooterroo
05-17-2007, 08:08 AM
a big red keeping up with a t3 :crazy: yeah, i'd say you have an issue there, but its not just porting your cylinder, or tire sizes and gearing. no matter what tires or gearing your running, your t3 should walk away from the big red even on its worst day. run some amsoil or spectro in that thing at 50 :1 like bgm said, change your plug out , check everything. airfilter, clean carb, you have a bassani on it?, what silencer? check your how good of a spark your getting. do whatever you have to...but a big red keeping up with you...thats just :crazy:

Tecate250
05-20-2007, 08:25 PM
I have a dg silencer. No idea what model. 83 kx 250 stock carb t4 stator and mag, V force reed cage, and a uni air filter. My rear end finally went.The bike seemed to have great take off but no top end. It is like the first 3 gears are almost usless????
Scooterroo you seem to have almost the same set up I do. I have been thinking of putting the t4 flat side carb on. Now im in the market for a new rear end. After I get my rear end welded up "Cheap fix" Im taling dads gps out for a run. Then Im retarding my timming.

BigGreenMachine
05-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Your headpipe is a Bassani.

Tecate250
05-20-2007, 08:58 PM
What are you running on your tecate BGM for mods vs carbration?
Is there a such thing as crossrefrencing jets from mukini to keihin?

MikeRWK
05-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Damn sounds pretty bad if big reds are keepin up to ya lol. *Edited**Edited* just up the line from me too

Tecate250
05-28-2007, 03:44 PM
I just purchased my new throttle valve,spring and cable mount for my 88 Tecate 4 carb. This will soon be on the 85 tecate. Its turning into a t4 with all the parts I have off one on the trike.