PDA

View Full Version : The latest news on the ORV bill 4323 from Dick Ranney

Yetti
04-10-2007, 09:10 PM
SENATE EFFORT ON HB 4323

April 9, 2007

The Senate will return from Easter recess on April 17th. Our efforts over the next few days will determine the passage of HB 43423. This morning I learned of a way to make our e-mails far more affective and not be lost in the shuffle of Lansing.

Please read the following and do likewise along with every one of your friends.

Address your e-mail to jbrewer@senate.michigan.gov The clerk of the Natural Resources Committee and all correspondence regarding HB 4323 has to be placed in the clerks hands and presented to the entire Committee.

On your e-mail under subject state, Chairman and Committee Members, Senate Natural Resources Committee.

Then a simple one or two paragraphs similar to as follows;

Dear Senators of the Natural Resources Committee:

I would like you to support the passage of HB 4323 as presented from the House because it offers greater protection for our environment, offers additional user safety, more enforcement, convenience, additional recreational opportunity and economic benefit to northern Michigan.

HB 4323 is a great foundation to manage Michigan’s tremendous ORV growth, now numbering over 350,000 titled machines with 195,000 of those using Michigan’s ORV Trail system.

Thank You for your consideration.

Richard Ranney
4120 Branham Rd.
National City, Mi. 48748

Yetti writes...
Guys if you support this bill please don't copy and paste from this letter. Form letters are discarded when it come to swaying a vote of this kind USE YOUR OWN WORDS it makes more difference then you know.

if you need more info come over to www.gl4x4.com or go to the AMA-14 site.

sandpuppi101
04-15-2007, 08:07 AM
I am gonna look into this ..

Yetti
04-20-2007, 10:52 PM
If it helps go to the AMA district 14 web site. it has a whole page on the bill and its time lines.

The Latest from Dick Ranney

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is where we are:

Had an appointment at 1:30 yesterday with Senator Birkholz's aide, she was drawn away to some other meeting. She was to call me this morning. Noon has came and gone, no call. Senator Birkholz has complete control of HB 4323 at the moment. She can move it or sit on it.

I visited 8 other Senate offices and either visited with staff or the Senator, are looking decent, just need the Bill to move.

What we need right now, is no less than several hundred e-mails to Senator Birkholz politely asking her to please move the Bill. We need them from the entire state, from every stakeholder. Meaning user, user groups, business owner's, Chambers, County Commissions, Township Boards. Yes, Road Commissions, Sheriff Departments. The broader the spectrum of supporters, the better.

Her address is; e-mail: senpbirkholz@senate.michigan.gov

phone: 517 373-3447

FAX: 517 373-9310

US Mail: Honorable Senator Patricia Birkholz
State Senator District 24
State Capitol
P.O. Box 30036
Lansing, Mi. 48909-7536

Please make certain you give your full name and address. Phone number if you wish.

In addition, contact each member on the Senate Natural Resources Committee

Senator Bruce Patterson ® D 7 senbpatterson@senate.michigan.gov

Senator Gerald Van Woerkom ® D 34 sengvanwoerkom@senate.michigan.gov

Senator Raymond E. Basham (D) D 8 senrbasham@senate.michigan.gov

Senator Micheal Prusi (D) D 38 senmprusi@senate.michigan.gov

At the same time, you should contact your own State Senator by going to senate.michigan.gov for their e-mail address or many user websites have the information.

Remember, the name of the game here is numbers, they are catagorized in the Senate offices by, for or against. Soem are read in their entirety. Most important is the tally of supporters.

As for the attachment, use it to the best advantage, it is somewhat generic, though printed for AMA District 14 NEWS.

No matter how you do it, the time has come to PUSH. Start with Senator Birkholz.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free e-mail or call me @ 989 469-2405.

later, Dick

Yetti
05-05-2007, 10:28 AM
http://greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=42514

I just copied this this morning....

Dick Ranney writes:
Quote:
UPDATE, May 4th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got the word this afternoon and it is very concerning. They will be meeting on Monday in Senator Birkholz's office regarding the Senate version of HB 4323. This is a legilators meeting and we are not a part of it. BUT WE WILL BE!

On the table for discussion are;

A. Using the existing counties that have an ORV ordinance for a study for safety
reasons.

HOW MANY YEARS DO WE WANT TO STUDY THIS THING, MONTMORENCY
COUNTY HAS HAD AN ORV ORDINANCE SINCE 1987!

B. Must be a licensed driver to operate an ORV on public roadways.

WHAT IS A PRIMARY INTENT OF THE BILL, TO RESPONSIBLY MANAGE THE
GROWTH. DO THE LEGILATORS REALLY THINK THEY WILL STOP THOSE
UNDER AGE 16 FROM OPERATING? DO THEY NOT HAVE ANY
CONSIDERATION FOR FAMILY ACTIVITY? HOW DO THEY FIGURE WE ARE
GOING GET GAS?

I am so infuriated, a downstate legislator, has no clue to the financial hardship of northern Michigan, has no clue to how well the ordinances are working and the value to the user community. This could have been done, in motion, but we have to play these silly "what if" games. Maybe we need to have a huge rally on the Capitol lawn.

If your in favor of HB 4323 as passed by the House on March 20th by a vote of 107-0, get every ORV user you know to let Seantor Birkholz know by Monday morning.

senpbirkholz@senate.michigan.gov

Main Line (517) 373-5849

Fax (517) 373-5849

Be Nice.

later, Dick

PS: Those who have an existing ordinance, I need your date of implementation either by e-mail or phone at 989 469-2405. Leave message please.