PDA

View Full Version : PC Sound drivers

burnoutboy
04-12-2007, 05:06 AM
I have recently re installed windows on my computer...now my speakers don't work. I have been informed that my sound drivers have probably gotten deleted during the installation. Can I download these from somewhere??

traxxasx
04-12-2007, 05:26 AM
search your sound card on google for driver downloads. or download a universal one for the make.

burnoutboy
04-12-2007, 05:53 AM
How do I tell what sound card I have??

traxxasx
04-12-2007, 09:30 PM
control panel, audio devices, audio tab and see what the defualt is.

burnoutboy
04-13-2007, 05:11 AM
OK, I have a C-Media wave device. I tried searching for a driver but I dont really have a clue as to what I download... Do you know of somewhere I could download this driver:confused: :confused: ...Thanks

traxxasx
04-13-2007, 08:12 PM
go to this link download this zip. if you have to login with (traxxasx@yahoo.com) and the password is (). Anyways extract the zip and open the folder thats the os your running like windows 98 2000 xp ect and run the install exe. Hope this works.

Whoops heres the link.

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=125579

burnoutboy
04-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Hmm seems I cannot find a XP driver in those files..Any ideas?

traxxasx
04-20-2007, 06:40 PM
sorry go here go down to "C-Media 8738 Audio Driver" colum and downloand the XP zip. Ectract it and run the install. Here the link to the site.

http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_sound.html

i can only guess since i dont know the modle of *Edited**Edited* sound card. Maybe you can search there and find yours if the one i posted doesent work.

madmanwithmouse
04-21-2007, 01:50 AM
Make sure windows has a sound scheme. Often it starts on after a format. Go to, Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Sounds(tab). Usualy windows default sound drivers will provide some sound.

Billy Golightly
04-21-2007, 05:42 PM
go to this link download this zip. if you have to login with (traxxasx@yahoo.com) and the password is (). Anyways extract the zip and open the folder thats the os your running like windows 98 2000 xp ect and run the install exe. Hope this works.

Whoops heres the link.

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=125579

Hey traxxasx you shouldn't be posting your password in the open like that. Another member took your login info and sent me a particularly nasty PM reply to one I had sent you long ago making me think it was you until I read the bottom :lol:

traxxasx
04-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey traxxasx you shouldn't be posting your password in the open like that. Another member took your login info and sent me a particularly nasty PM reply to one I had sent you long ago making me think it was you until I read the bottom :lol:

lmao wow i guess only some loser would even try that on here. Reason for is because i though i could trust this site you know because we have GROWN wiser men and women and not stupid punk kids. Guess i was wrong.

3 weelin geezer
04-22-2007, 10:19 PM
How do you know that you are missing your drivers? Are you sure you dind't just turn them off or the cable get unplugged in the back? How old is your computer anyways that windows doesn't recognize the sound card and automaticly install the software?