PDA

View Full Version : WATER or COKE?

smokinwrench
04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
WATER OR COKE?

Eye Opening Information!

This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it
is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed
page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

9. If you have chronic headaches or migraines, suck down a 20oz bottle of water at the onset!!! It helps to lessen the pain (if you follow that with Gatorade or Pedialite it will help even more!

And now for the properties of Coke:

1. In many states (in the USA ) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from porcelain and china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke
into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years

Now the question is...

Would you like a Coke or a glass of water?

Billy Golightly
04-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Diet Pepsi! :D

wanta250r
04-12-2007, 11:15 PM
And now for the properties of Coke:

1. In many states (in the USA ) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from porcelain and china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke
into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years

http://www.truthminers.com/hoaxarticles/coke.htm

Theres not enough acid concentration to do all that. Orange juice has higher amounts of phosphoric and citric acid. Worry about the sugar and caffeine doing harm to your body.

wanta250r
04-12-2007, 11:26 PM
WATER OR COKE?

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

Done that, it worked for a few minutes then I was hungrier.

team-red-rider
04-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Water ...cuz i need to lose weight HAHA

icp4life162005
04-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Coke and diet sodas have aspartame which is not to good for you!

wanta250r
04-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Coke and diet sodas have aspartame which is not to good for you!

Regular coke doesn't have it, DIET coke does and any diet soda and other sugarless drinks and gum. Its and artificial sweetener. It supposedly can cause cancer, ms, and other crap.

icp4life162005
04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Regular coke doesn't have it, DIET coke does and any diet soda and other sugarless drinks and gum. Its and artificial sweetener. It supposedly can cause cancer, ms, and other crap.

I said diet 'Coke and DIET soda has asp...' that part was to billy who said diet pepsi. and i now of all that. Diet coke is just plain nasty but plain old coke now there is a winner.

ATC-Eric
04-13-2007, 12:34 AM
The coke and ham thing rocks!!!!!

Mom just made one for Easter, it tastes great GIT IT RAGGGG!!!

traxxasx
04-13-2007, 12:37 AM
coke make me always feel unhealty and makes me thing my teeth are ganna rot away. so water for me.

85ytz250n
04-13-2007, 12:46 AM
I drink water and gatorade if I am at work, its free there and there is a cooler full on every deck I work on. Dont touch coke unless my buddy Jack is swimming in there with it, then the coke is the healthier part of the equasion. I have heard that any of the darker soda's are the least healthy but that is probably another one of the myth/hoax. I dont drink much soda in general, though a can of good old Barq's hits the spot sometimes.

Barry

ATC-Eric
04-13-2007, 01:05 AM
The white sodas are better for you. They are also killer in helping out an upset tummy :) The last game at Busch stadium for the St. Louis Cardinals before they tore it down I had a KILLER hangover, was really sick, puking a lot. I forced myself to go, it being the last game in that stadium. Drank a little bit of 7up, I was all better in minutes!!!

I have a camel bak I used to use allllll the time. It holds two litters, drink the entire thing in one day, you feel great. I need to get it back out. Start being healthier. I recomend one to everyone! Their also great for riding! :Bounce

Fox250R
04-13-2007, 04:54 AM
http://www.hawaiian-punch.com/

hadar
04-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Coke is it! I just had one while reading this.:lol:

85hondaatc125m
04-13-2007, 10:34 AM
I hear about alot of kids, they'll go and drink a 1 litre of water in the morning, theyll have a bottle at lunch and another litre sometime in the evening so they feel full and dont eat anything for 2-3 days straight becuase they fell full. But after that I think im going to try and drink some more water, and sprite- 7-up.

oldskool83
04-13-2007, 11:14 AM
i am on a water diet. no i am not over weight or got anirexia (sp?) i did it because i was drinking 4-5 sodas a day, and if i would miss a soda (coke) i would get a really bad headach (i mistaken them for sinus head achs since i got a slight case of allergies) i weened my self off and man water is so good now plus you save a ton of money too.

if tried to drink a coke a few hours befor my wedding 2 weeks ago and OMG if felt like i was drinking acid. i can only handle a sprite every now and then if i am eating out.

everyone just drink water (soda is bad haha)

ATC-Eric
04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I know this is just a statistic, bear with me: a person that drinks an average of a couple of sodas a day can lose up to 20 pounds by cutting it out completely. I am a testiment to this, I got my camel bak and stopped drinking soda, the weight came off pretty good.

BigReds Forever
04-13-2007, 11:34 AM
I know some of that Coke stuff is not true, but if 1/2 the water facts are true, i just got myself a bottle of water. I dont drink much pop at all. I did a water diet one time a few years back. I still ate and everything, but every time i went into the kitchen to eat, id pour a glass of water, sit down in the living room and drink it, and then if i was still hungry, id go get a snack, and have a glass of water with it. Id drink about a gallon every 2 days. It worked great.

johnny's X
04-13-2007, 03:17 PM
personaly i prefer to snort the coke but if all you want to drink it thats your deal. hahah jk. I prefer water over pop anyday. That is unless there is my old buddy Jack Daniels in it.

edog
04-13-2007, 04:00 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/03july06_005.jpg

Billy Golightly
04-13-2007, 04:14 PM
I drink enough diet pepsi to sink a battleship, literally. When I'm home its a 12 pack a day.

Yamahondaman
04-13-2007, 04:21 PM
i think this stuff has water in it ? :naughty:

smokinwrench
04-13-2007, 06:00 PM
I was drinking about 200 ounces of diet pepesi everyday when I went on a pop diet. I didn't have any pop for about 90 days. I haven't noticed any weight coming off but I do feel better.

Water or tea for me.

Kintore
04-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Geez billy, a 12 pack a day. Man that cant be healthy!

I for one am going to try that water diet! The trucks needs a chemical label on trucks did me in lol

wanta250r
04-14-2007, 03:32 PM
The trucks needs a chemical label on trucks did me in lol

It doesn't need a chemical label, its all lies, lies, lies, don't believe everything you read.:eek:

200xcellent
04-14-2007, 08:25 PM
It doesn't need a chemical label, its all lies, lies, lies, don't believe everything you read.:eek:

do you work for coke? haha

wanta250r
04-14-2007, 10:38 PM
do you work for coke? haha

No I just hate it when people make crap up and spread disinformation.

85ytz250n
04-14-2007, 10:49 PM
No I just hate it when people make crap up and spread disinformation.

Actually its true, and when one of their trucks wreck the FD will treat it as a HAZMAT spill. Maybe its because of the chemicals maybe its because of how much they haul. All I know is that if they dont have a HAZMAT placard then they will get in deep doo with the DOT.

Barry

wanta250r
04-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Actually its true, and when one of their trucks wreck the FD will treat it as a HAZMAT spill. Maybe its because of the chemicals maybe its because of how much they haul. All I know is that if they dont have a HAZMAT placard then they will get in deep doo with the DOT.

Barry

The do because the carbonation is kept under pressure not because the coke is going to melt a hole in the ground. Its not nuclear waste. They need it if they are hauling beer, champagne and other things kept under pressure while transporting.

foster
04-15-2007, 01:35 AM
When the ex was pregnant we took one of those childbirth classes and the folks sitting next to us, the husband puts the aspartame in the Coke down at the Coke plant.
He told me he has to wear a complete hazmat suit, mask and goggles too, to pour it in.
Plus he talked and acted like he has brain damage or something. Srsly!
That being said, I'm like Billy. I drink about two litres of Diet Pepsi every day. No, I'm not proud.
I recently started buying bottles of water for when I'm going out biking. They are cheap as anything, like 10 cents a bottle when on sale, by the case.
Taste good too.
But I do love my Diet Pepsi...
Cheers!

3 weelin geezer
04-15-2007, 02:00 AM
You can't use coke to bubble a battery clean! It just makes a sticky mess that causes you not to see the corrosion still in there. I tell people that the way it really works is that you crack it open, put it down, get the wire brush and scrub the terminals, then you drink it. See, it really cleans it if you do it right.:lol:

ATC crazy
04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
You guys BETTER be drinking Coke! I work there!

C'mon...support a fellow triker would ya?

:lol:

edog
04-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Coke Owns Moxie.

3 weelin geezer
04-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Ain't Moxie that foul tasting swill that is made out of old cigarette butts used twice then steeped in lukewarm sewer water?

icp4life162005
04-16-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't know never had it before. Is it a southern thing?

3 weelin geezer
04-16-2007, 01:51 AM
I thought they stopped making it in the '50's but I hear its still alive and kicking around the tennessee and kentucky area.

icp4life162005
04-16-2007, 02:12 AM
Is it a soda or beer? Small local setup probably.

Old 179
04-16-2007, 07:03 AM
I know this is just a statistic, bear with me: a person that drinks an average of a couple of sodas a day can lose up to 20 pounds by cutting it out completely. I am a testiment to this, I got my camel bak and stopped drinking soda, the weight came off pretty good.

I have lost 40 lbs in last 16 months. sweet tea (with sugar) and sodas reduced to one soda a day for lunch has done it for me. Son says it takes 3500 calories to make a pound gain or lost. Depending on regular or diet solf drinks, it can mean a pound a week difference. Tough at first not poping a can every time you get thirsty,but you get use to it. Soda never quench my thirst anyway.

edog
04-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Ain't Moxie that foul tasting swill that is made out of old cigarette butts used twice then steeped in lukewarm sewer water?
You have tryed that.:D

SYKO
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
years ago I stopped drinking any form of pop/sodas I now drink diet drinks when im out at home its unsweet tea crystl light and water, I try to drink straight water most of the time, but if I drink it to much it actually erritates my stomach? kinda weird, drinking a regualar soda now makes me feal sick (like drinking a candy bar, wich I dont eat) and I dont use any real sugar in anything, yea I know aspertain can cause cancer but only if im using a few pounds a day of it for 40 years. lol