PDA

View Full Version : Ridding boots, Whats so special?

Banage
04-16-2007, 02:20 PM
I was thinking of getting some ridding boots. Whats so special about them? Do they just look cool? Or support? Or protect? all of the above? Whats your opinion?

smokinwrench
04-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Riding boots are apain to get used to, you will hate them at first. Once you get them broke in you will never want to ride without them.

Lots of protection from branches, rocks, trees.
Arches of your feet will never hurt again after taking the bigger jumps.

If you buy a set you have to give them and honest chance because it will take a few rides to get used to them.

SYKO
04-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I dont ride without them! in fact I wrecked while racing and if I didnt have them I would have destroyed my leg! (broken for sure) and ending my racing and riding for a while, so there deffintly worth it!

Russell 350X
04-16-2007, 11:15 PM
I have never used them. I have had good luck with my steel toe boots. I'm just to cheap tp buy them I guess lol.

smokinwrench
04-16-2007, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=hondaatc185S200E;486421] I have had good luck with my steel toe boots. QUOTE]

My foreman has a cousin that got his toes ripped off while riding with steel toed boots. Not sure exactly what happened but know he hit a big rock in Utah at Moab.

SYKO
04-16-2007, 11:29 PM
there is NO substitute for riding boots!! that is the BEST protection while riding besides not riding you can have.

Rustytinhorn
04-17-2007, 12:18 AM
From the looks of it you could sinch ( i think thats how its spelled) down riding boots for a lot of ankle support and ride in "style". As for me, my leather laceups have always done their job.
What gets me is the "riding" pants and shirts. I'm still trying to understand the pants besides looking like your sponsored.
BTW...I've seen a person in helmet, riding pants and shirt, wearing white tenni shoes. lol

ScottZJ
04-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Riding boots are an essential for all riders above the beginner class. This means if you like to twist the throttle, I would say get some boots. Like stated above, you will hate them at first, but once you get used to them, they will feel just like a pair of slippers. They give you tons of ankle support, shin and heel protection, along with protecting those little things we call toes. I have an old pair that I use for my utility riding, unless I am going mudding. I cant tell you how many times those boots have saved me from a broken leg or messed up ankle.
Get a cheap pair at first and wear them all the time.....then you will love them once broke in. I just realized that with my Tech 8 Alpine stars.

G-MAN-1
04-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Riding/racing Boots Speak For Themselves. Just Pick A Pair Up And Analize Them While In You Hands And You Will See Why People Where Them. As For The Ridingracing Pants They Also Help Protect You. I Have Spent Over $700.00 On Riding Apparell For My Son In The Last 2 Years. Not Including Helmet And Boots. That Has Cost Me Over 1000.00 In 2 Years. So Look At It The Way You Want But There Is A Reason Why They Sell It.

G-man Racing
Team Honda #823
Monticello New York

mbg75
04-17-2007, 11:00 PM
whatever you do, dont skip on the quality of boot! buy one decent pair and you'll never need another.

there is a huge difference in quality and protection of different boots.

at the minimum i suggest alpinestar tech 6's. they run about $250 and are worth every penny!

Lomax
04-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Riding boots are apain to get used to, you will hate them at first. Once you get them broke in you will never want to ride without them.

Lots of protection from branches, rocks, trees.
Arches of your feet will never hurt again after taking the bigger jumps.

If you buy a set you have to give them and honest chance because it will take a few rides to get used to them.

I have to agree with this 100%. My EX had bought me a pair of 120 dollar Answer riding boots a few years ago. I took them out and wore them one time and threw them back in the closet because I hated the way they felt. About a year later I carried them on a ride for some reason and was encouraged to wear them that they would start to feel better after a day or two. Well I am damn glad I did because the position and pressure that my ankle sustained when it was wedged between a tree and the 350X was surley enough to break bones if I would have just had on regular boots. I almost dont ride without them now. Even if I am trollin around on my 4wd quads. They have to be the best single peice of protective gear I own. I say buy a pair. If if there the 120 dollar pair like mine they are still so much better than any shoes or lace ups your going to buy. A Helpful tip for breaking them in is too get (this worked for me) them wet and wear them around like while you are riding, seems to help soften them up enough to get them to flex where they need too.
-Will

Banage
04-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys. I think il get some. Probably form motosport.com