PDA

View Full Version : v tech sloughtering

84honda200s
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM
please tell me we dont have any members that attend virginia tech. there were 32 killed and more than 25 injured. the guy then turned the gun on him self and shot him self to the point they couldnt make his face out.

my thoughts and prayers go out to you at v tech.

honda_atc200es
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
when did this happen :(

icp4life162005
04-16-2007, 07:14 PM
damn is it on cnn.com yet?

ATC-Eric
04-16-2007, 07:25 PM
The death counts up to 35?!!! Last I heard it was 22.

So many lives lost, and ruined. Such a sensless act.

EDIT: It all started this morning at 7:15 am. They put the campus on lockdown, then raised the alert after a bit. The guy then went from room to room killing.

DixiePlowboy
04-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I've been watching this develop a good bit of the day. This is sickening.

Why didn't one good guy in either of those campus buildings have the tools to stop this while the body count was low???

The anti-gun crowd will take center stage soon, again.......and tell us how this could have been avoided if law abiding citizens, students, faculty are further restricted from having the means to stop a tragedy in progress.

The murderous slimeball should be the only one dead!

ATC-Eric
04-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Why didn't one good guy in either of those campus buildings have the tools to stop this while the body count was low???

You cant go saying stuff like that. Everyone wants to be a hero, but when the time comes and some Jackoff comes into your math class firing a shotgun at you, you'll probably only have time to say a dirty word.

Its just like the terriosts on the planes with 9/11. If those people knew they were going to die, the planes wouldnt have made it to New York. Its the hope that you will survive.

Heres an article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting

DixiePlowboy
04-16-2007, 07:55 PM
I think you missed my point, Eric.

I surely didn't say or imply that nobody there had the fortitude to react or handle the threat. There may have been a future Congressional Medal Of Honor winner in those classes today.

My point is that the good guys/gals weren't allowed to carry the means to protect themselves....period!

ATC-Eric
04-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Gottcha! I did miss it, good point.

From what I got, I didnt like the sound of someone saying they should have this, and they should have that. By tools I thought you meant balls.

Eric

icp4life162005
04-16-2007, 08:13 PM
You are right no weapon is allowed on any school campus unless carried by a guard or police officer except when someone decides to shoot up a school. Then its to late. I think if you are of age and mental stability you should be allowed to carry regardless of where except for places such as prisons. If there was one single student that had the ability and means to carry a weapon there is a good chance this would have ended a lot sooner.
Everyone wants to be a hero, but when the time comes and some Jackoff comes into your math class firing a shotgun at you, you'll probably only have time to say a dirty word.

Its just like the terriosts on the planes with 9/11. If those people knew they were going to die, the planes wouldnt have made it to New York. Its the hope that you will survive. I remember hearing not to long ago about a mentally handicapped person stopping a gunman in his school with a pencil, do you think all that was going through his mind when he did it was 'sweet I'm going to be a hero after this' NO it wasn't he was probably thinking that this has to stop no matter the outcome so he stepped up. Its not about being a hero its about being a man and doing what is right.

ATC-Eric
04-16-2007, 09:38 PM
EDIT: I retract my last statment. Im not going to argue about what he said, or what they should have done.

Lets get back to the fact that something horrible happened to 57 people and their families today. May god be with them.

icp4life162005
04-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I guess we did get off topic a bit and yes it was a tragedy.

Fox250R
04-17-2007, 04:25 AM
unbelievable

icp4life162005
04-17-2007, 05:16 AM
It is, But I think it could have ended worst than it did. So is there any members that go there? Hey Rob you spelled slaughtering wrong, its an A and not an O. Not picking, just pointing.

Fox250R
04-17-2007, 06:05 AM
It is, But I think it could have ended worst than it did. So is there any members that go there? Hey Rob you spelled slaughtering wrong, its an A and not an O. Not picking, just pointing.

Could of ended worse? Should of never happend at all..

DixiePlowboy
04-17-2007, 09:21 AM
As a father of five boys, one nearing college age, this really disturbs me. Of course anytime young'uns are hurt it hits home with me.

In war you expect sudden things like this, though it's never easy even in that case. Our children should expect a greater level of safety....WE should expect it.

There's no easy solution, but I would applaud any institution putting it's directors/professors/teachers through a tactical training class such as Front Sight in an attempt to make schools a less desirable target......kinda like the Air Marshall program.

To some this may unsettling, but we have to realize that the "genie" is out of the bottle, and is definitely not going back in. If sick cowards are going to declare war on the unarmed, I say make the battlefield the most terrifying place imaginable for the evil doers of the world.

I'm both saddened and disgusted.

CorbinKale
04-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I have little sympathy for the victims. They entered a disarmed victim zone of their own free will, unlike students in K-12. It will continue to happen, too. As long as people buy-in to the lunacy that they 'aren't qualified' to defend themselves, they will continue to be victims of their own irresponsibility. We have a generation of school kids who have been indoctrinated with the propaganda that 'certain inanimate objects' are evil. The truth is, certain 'people' are evil. You watch, there will be another round of cries for gun control from those who think laws stop crime. Why don't we just make murder illegal? See my point? Gun control laws only disarm those who might prevent incidents like this.

You notice that the cowards who go on these killing sprees tend to choose areas where they know their victims can't defend themselves. It isn't hard to see all of the mistakes that have come together to make our schools such attractive targets to people who want to kill large groups with no fear of resistance. This is directly the result of the laws intended to protect our schools. As more schools are shot up, the loons will continue to call for more counter-productive gun control laws.

How can we prevent this from happening again? Obviously, disarming law-abiding citizens is not working, and trying the same thing, over and over, expecting a different result, is the very definition of insanity. Forgive me for my lack of emotion, but this is not some freak occurrence. After the first 30 school shootings, I kinda got jaded. I get disgusted at the irresponsible victim mindset our government has legalized. The government responsible for 'Gun Free Zones' ,aka 'Disarmed Victim Zones', should be held liable for these deaths, as they were prevented from defending their own lives, by Federal Law.

If you believe that you are not responsible for your own safety and well-being, try suing the police for not protecting you, and you will quicklly find out how off-base your thinking is. Utopian gun control theory only works in the fantasy land of Leftist wet-dreams. When you deal with reality and humans, all of that feel-good, perfect-world fluff is pure bunk. People are evil, by nature. We have to work hard to overcome that, and the answer to almost evey issue is 'more freedom'. When someone tries to sell you a solution that involves 'less freedom', punch them in the nose.

ATC-Eric
04-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Thier already on the gun control wagon. If you think about it, this nut didnt hop on down to the local sports store to buy his weapons, they were hot! I know at least one gun had the serial numbers eitched off. Gun control wont stop people from aquiring pistols illegally.

And I agree with your thoughts Dixie.

84honda200s
04-17-2007, 02:13 PM
he was doing it randomly. so lets say one of your loved ones were there and they got slaughtered you wouldnt feel for them ?? whether its k-12 or college it should be a place of learning. not a slaughter house.

now i do agree with the federal government being responsible for these shootings.

Greiver430x
04-17-2007, 02:56 PM
I was sick to my stomach after hearing about this, I think we should all be allowed to carry everywhere except for places like jails and courthouses police stations etc. This is the exacte reason why I own my Xd 45 acp, This way I know as long as I am around no slime ball is going to break into my house to rob me and kill my infant daughter and girlfriend. However I do feel for the victims in this case, they did not deserve this. My prayers go to them and all of their friends and family.

Banage
04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
:beer Cheers to the families. There is no excuse or reason for that. May our thoughts be with you and yours.

icp4life162005
04-17-2007, 04:18 PM
When I said it could have ended worst, I was referring to the bravery of some. Like the 3 people that barricaded the door to the French room after he came in and killed all but 3. They proceeded to block the door in case he decided to come back, which he did. The one guy that held the wooden door shut, was already shot and bleeding as the guy began firing at the door. EVERYTHING can always end worst than it did, and the school president should also be held responsible for not notifying them after the first shooting until 15 minutes before the second and by EMAIL. How many have time to check there email when trying to rush out the door to get to class, on the other side how many make sure to grab there cell phone.

xd 200x
04-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Thier already on the gun control wagon. If you think about it, this nut didnt hop on down to the local sports store to buy his weapons, they were hot! I know at least one gun had the serial numbers eitched off. Gun control wont stop people from aquiring pistols illegally.

And I agree with your thoughts Dixie.

Actually he did 35 days ago. Went through the background and everything. had the receipt on him when he killed himself. Glock 19 and a p-22. he also bought 50 rounds when he bought the glock. So they were not hot.

ATC-Eric
04-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Actually he did 35 days ago. Went through the background and everything. had the receipt on him when he killed himself. Glock 19 and a p-22. he also bought 50 rounds when he bought the glock. So they were not hot.

Interesting, what I heard on Fox was that one of the guns had the serial numbers eithced off.

Ouch.

3 weelin geezer
04-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I've been watching this develop a good bit of the day. This is sickening.

The anti-gun crowd will take center stage soon, again.......and tell us how this could have been avoided if law abiding citizens, students, faculty are further restricted from having the means to stop a tragedy in progress.

The murderous slimeball should be the only one dead!

They did. On cnn the guy asks a woman if she thinks gun control could have stopped the killing. She responded "absolutely!" Um..last time I checked, this experiment was already underway at the campus: NO GUNS ALLOWED ON CAMPUS. It didn't work for some reason and they want to push it even harder now. Sarah brady http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/smileys/odie.gif is salivating with anticipation for more restrictions. I think its such bad taste to put aside the tragedy and for her to use this as a tool to get her way. I wonder when they will wake up and see it doesn't work.

icp4life162005
04-18-2007, 01:37 PM
If a criminal decides to get a gun legally then all that will happen is that they will have to wait a little longer to get there gun. More gun control would not have stopped this. the shop did everything by the book and no one had any idea this was going to happen.