PDA

View Full Version : ATC600X pics

jeddy
04-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Here are some pics of my 600X. There was another thread on here that I posted a pic or two of it without the engine in. These are after a recent dunes trip to Dumont, Hurricane, and Coral Pink. It runs pretty well but needs some tuning to get the top end power where it should be. It will still smoke my brother's and my wife's 350x's, and it was right with my other brothers TRX450R going up competition hill at Dumont (even with no top end and some bad gearing). I plan to make a shorter swingarm so it'll be better in the trails and I might throw some 250r forks on it to shorten up the front end (moves the axle behind the forks). I will also probably rig up some rear fenders since it looks kind of naked without them. A new carb and a 20hp shot of NOS should complete the trike. It's mostly a '93 XR600; the front end is 350X (350X forks and triples with a modified XR600 stem), and I made the swingarm (XR600 shock linkage with 350X carrier, 9 inches longer than a stock 350X swinger). Thanks,
-Jed

3Wheelers4Life
04-21-2007, 07:56 PM
looks and sounds cool put some fenders on it to protect you and make the bike look better and get some custom 600x stickers made up to put on the bike

firefirefire90
04-21-2007, 09:10 PM
That trike looks sweet! Hope you get your gearing right and the top end figured out. I see you're into Mini's? You guys have the cooper's or the cooper S'? We're into MGB's. We're in the process of putting a Rover 300hp V8 in this sucker. Its going to fly!

jeddy
04-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Yeah, I have a problem with british cars...I have a couple minis the red one is a '61 that I got from a scrap yard when I was 11 and ended up putting a 1275 in from a Metro and totally redid the whole car. The white one ('60) I rescued but have not had time to work on yet (somebody ripped the top off it so I'm going to shorten it and the motor has a pretty good rod knock, thinking about a VW diesel swap since I'm into those also). I don't know if you can see it in the pics, but there's a '69 MG midget in there with an RX-7 rotary engine in it. The midget did have the 215 V8 (it was an Olds, but the same engine, I had an F-85 with the 215 also) in it like you're talking about, but it was too tight (needed the B for extra room). I also have a couple other brits: an Austin America and a Morris Oxford (wagon). My old boss has over 70 british cars, I'm not making that up either. It's strange to go to a farm in the middle of Kansas and open up a bunch of barns and chicken coupes and see old landcrabs...
-Jed

jeddy
04-22-2007, 03:08 AM
In the third pic you can just barely see the midget behind my crf, and my diesel rabbit is out in the driveway. There's a loose VW diesel engine out of another rabbit under my workbench, but you can't see it...
-Jed

Orangecnty250r
04-22-2007, 06:22 AM
REAL Nice work on that machine..yes find some rear plastics ..it looks as serious as a heart attack..very intense

bigreddaddy
04-22-2007, 06:33 AM
Lookin' real nice. Gets me thinking about my XR500r that I haven't even touched yet because of all my current projects.

sandpuppi101
04-22-2007, 05:53 PM
What gearing you running on that 600 now ,that's givving u problems??

hadar
04-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Wow, that trike looks Badass! I can't imagine all the torque.