PDA

View Full Version : limewire and the like

fatcat
04-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Do you think that these tip of things are illegal? how do they get around the laws aganst doulouding music?

84honda200s
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
lol i got cought once i had a friend that used my computer and he didnt know what he was doing. anyways i would have had to pay 500,000 and do 5 years in jail for breaking the what ever it is called law. well me and the company made a deal and i didnt have to pay or go to jail. but i did have to call them allot and that kinda stuff.

if you wanna download with limewire make sure you make a downloaded folder and a share folder. alway keep that share folder empty. i got in trouble because the file my buddy downloaded was being shared. it is legal to download just not share. so what ever you do make sure you dont share anything. set the upload as low as it will go too.

i dont download anymore but seeing you do just be careful and make sure you dont let friends on your computer.

hancadam
04-23-2007, 07:48 PM
It is not legal to download music without paying. Companies like limewire are not breaking the law. They just give us the ability to break the law by sharing files and downloading from other people. Their products "are not intended for breaking the law".

84honda200s
04-23-2007, 08:06 PM
lol thats a good one. the companies know dam well what people are going to do with their product .

fatcat
04-23-2007, 08:52 PM
any one want to tell me how to move from the shared folder to another?

xd 200x
04-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Thats why you should do torrents. R.I.P the system.

84honda200s
04-23-2007, 10:20 PM
ok create 2 new folders on the desktop. label one saved and the other shared.

step 2 open limewire then look at the top

step 3 click on tools then select options

step 4 click on saving (it is on the left above sharing) then hit the browse button. that will take you to another box witch will have a list of files. scroll all the way up to the top and select desktop then look for the "saved" folder. then click apply.

step 5 click on the sharing button (rite under the saved button). here you can choose to remove, add, or change the "default share folder" (i removed it) i recommend removing it. to do that high lite it then click remove and the go to the bottom right corner and press apply. make sure that the share folder box is empty. sometimes it will go back to default sharing again. after you make sure the share box is empty you are good to go. if you need anything send me a pm

icp4life162005
04-24-2007, 12:18 AM
NONE OF IT IS LEGAL but if you must, DO NOT SHARE ANYTHING IT IS WHAT GETS YOU CAUGHT!!!!!!!! They catch you by requesting to download the file from your computer and then once they connect the can get your I.P. address. then contact the company your internet goes through to get your name and address. The next step is you WILL be served and most likely your internet provider will drop you permanently. ARES is the best if you must download. It has the least amount of busts/cops compared to any other P2P program. Most of the BOTS/COPS look for new 'HOT' tracks and songs. For legal reasons this post was NOT TO HELP YOU STEAL OR COMMIT A CRIME IN ANY STATE, PROVINCE OR COUNTRY! THIS INFORMATION IS MEANT FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE! IF YOU USE IT FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSES YOU ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS WHATEVER THEY MAYBE!

xd 200x
04-24-2007, 01:03 AM
#1 I would not worry about being "busted" it just does not happen that much.

#2 people that are saying don't share files missed a day or 2 in kinder garden. Hence why most good torrent sites are invite only now.

#3 If you get some stupid email from you internet provider ignore it. Its b.s they are not going to do anything.

#4 people who "get busted" are downloading pron that has been tagged along with music more often then not.

#5 if you are that freaked about it join napster or something. yahoo has something now 2.

#6 If you are still freaked and broke. Park your car outside somewhere that has free wifi and just do it there.

Personal opinion you have nothing to worry about, but if you are not going to share files don't be a leach.

SO go out and be an "outlaw" download that music and fight the man.

This is a legal disclosure. This is not legal advice. While I support screwing the new robber barons that are hiring Asian coders at 2.00 and hour and then wonder why their 5,000.00 a license software is being stolen. I would never do such a thing and you should not either. um yea downloading and riping software I mean music is wrong so don't do it.

84honda200s
04-24-2007, 03:01 AM
yea except my letter wasnt from no dam ip . it was straight from the government and company involved. yea fight the man lol you can pay the fine and do the time too. how you going to fight the government and the companies ? again DO NOT SHARE. so what if your a leach oooo well. do what ever you want to do. its your ass not ours. he says getting busted is rare ha ha ha yea rite. there are tons of suits against people. why do you think i stopped downloading ? after i got busted once that was enough for me to say ok im done. so i moved on to buying sleds and my trike. its allot more fun lol.

but xd does have a point if you real worried dont do it. also like he said if you still want to do it go some place with wifi.

well good luck witch ever way you decide to go.