PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Offroad Go-carts/Buggies

ScottZJ
04-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey I was thinking about buying my wife an offroad Go-Cart or Buggy to hang with me while riding the trikes. She loves her go-cart that is for the street and doesnt ever ride the Yammahauler trike. So I was thinking of selling those and getting some type of offroad go-cart.

Have anyone of you guys/gals tried them? Which would be the best to get? I dont want anything stupid huge like a sand rail. Just want something that she can ride in basic trails and have a good time. I just want something that is reliable and fun for her. Thanks for any input you can give me...........peace

Scott

ATC-Eric
04-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Get that woman a Pilot! :naughty:

Heres a pic I ripped off another forum here from petesatc (hope you dont mind).

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29043&d=1148909770

icp4life162005
04-25-2007, 05:11 PM
someone is selling an oddessy right now on the clasiifieds

mymint87
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
They're OK..."Joyner" brand is decent, they come in many different size engines, the also make a knock off Rhino.....but check the new "Mini Truggi's" made by joyner, alot like the little buggy's ...........very HOT....good bang for the buck too......your wife will be the first one to own one on the block

longbedGTs
04-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Id say either an Oddesy or Pilot. A 250 would keep up fine, Id imagine.

mymint87
04-26-2007, 10:25 PM
A-----HA, found them...search word "super truggy"

http://www.buggyworld.net/supertruggy.html

KEWL FACTOR of 10

Ridge Runner RTX looks cool too (see Link)

ATC-Eric
04-26-2007, 11:24 PM
A-----HA, found them...search word "super truggy"

http://www.buggyworld.net/supertruggy.html

KEWL FACTOR of 10

Ridge Runner RTX looks cool too (see Link)

That thing is pretty sweet!!

mymint87
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Those "TWISTER" brands (the rear motor deck is attached to the swinger) are POS.....I know alot of people who bought em and only thing their good for is camp and kids....

Get her something that YOU can roll with too....LOL......that way you can borrow it for a few...

what do you think about the truggy and ridgerunner?

mymint87
04-27-2007, 04:58 PM
and BTW...:welcome: we KNOW you can afford em:welcome: .....Any other members seen DUdicals house?.......

we are talking :D Brotastic Brick with White Marble Pillars.....:D

and 2 fresh scuds in the driveway:postwhore

Trike Dude
04-27-2007, 05:00 PM
If you are going the Honda route steer clear of the Ody's and only go Pilot. The Ody suspension is lacking to put it nicely.

82300R
04-27-2007, 06:30 PM
try infinity east rover hammy sammy supply. he usually has a clean pilot laying around.:beer

82300R
04-30-2007, 07:49 PM
saw some pretty beefy looking buggies at sams wholesale. dont know who made them though, but definatly chiniese. two seater, fourstroke engine, bout 2 grand.

ScottZJ
05-01-2007, 07:43 AM
and BTW...:welcome: we KNOW you can afford em:welcome: .....Any other members seen DUdicals house?.......

we are talking :D Brotastic Brick with White Marble Pillars.....:D

and 2 fresh scuds in the driveway:postwhore

Hey bra, you are definately a trip! LOL So when you going to make it to the south. I can put you up on one of these many rooms or you could sleep in the skud with some of the trikes! HAHA

gravelord
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
FL-350 odyssey is great, pilot is great, joyner seems good ive seen one before, at my job one came in, i inspected it around, it was one of the Commandos, the exhaust and carb seemed very small for such a large engine. For the price of one of those joyners, you might as well get a yamaha rhino though! I WOULD NOT EVER get a chinese go-cart/buggy, my job gets those in, in the pictures on the internet they look big and stuff, but when you see it, even though the engines 200cc, it looks like its made for a little kid, and its all garbage. i would never wish these chinese peices of crap on my worst enemy. if you get something chinese, at least go with "Xtreme" or something people have heard of before. this "Sunl" brand you see everywhere, they dont even put "sunl" on the atvs plastics or anything, maybe because theyre too ashamed to have their own customers know what theyre riding? I dont want to hear it from you people who feel chinese atvs dont deserve this bashing - wait until you see one and have to move it around a bit, and inspect them closely. garbage. i would never let a loved one drive a chinese buggy around id feel like theyre in danger

RedRider_AK
05-03-2007, 02:12 AM
That "Super Truggy" thing looks frickin wicked! Like a miniature Baja truck!

ScottZJ
05-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the awesome input gravelord. That is the kind of info I needed. I always wondered where you would get parts for one of those if (or should I say when), they break.

gravelord
05-03-2007, 08:08 PM
The FL350 ? or them chinese hunks of poop? haha...
The FL350 you can find parts for but its getting harder, there was this awesome site i found ODyssey Salvage..... DONT EVER BUY FROM HIM. hes a over-priced rip off who will send you broken garbage. i spend hundreds and hundreds of cash at that website, and recieved hundreds of dollars worth of rusted CRAP. on another note - those chinese junkers you cant get parts for. you have to buy two of them, use one for parts, and pray you never break a part more then once. hehe... that 200cc buggy though, you really cant even fit a full grown person into it. and the little atv's look like theyd be about 80cc, but they have 110cc 3 speed engines. they are death traps for children. i HATE them. i want to drill a hole in every engines cylinder of the bikes that my job gets to sell so no children will get ahold of them.

82300R
05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
why not just get a rhino or the like? you can trick them out badass. then you don't have to worry about finding parts.:D

82300R
05-09-2007, 11:16 PM
john deere gators a nice also. not sure about their offroad capabilities though.;)

mymint87
05-10-2007, 03:09 PM
ScottZJ,

what do you think of the ridgerunner RTX?...that thing is right up your rock crawling alley, so when the better half isn't using it, you can bump way off on it:postwhore

mymint87
05-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey bra, you are definately a trip! LOL So when you going to make it to the south. I can put you up on one of these many rooms or you could sleep in the skud with some of the trikes! HAHA

I'm planning on planning a trip (does that sound right:crazy: ) to see some kin down on the bay in :welcome: Maryland,:welcome: on the way, Vealmonkey promised me a bushel of crab,:w00t: If there's leftovers in your fridge and plenty of "FREE FOOD" I'm hitting your offramp, otherwise :banned: .......I can only wave "HI" as I blow by doing about 75mph..:D

ScottZJ
05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Well hey by the time you actually drop by I might have my pony tail growing haha. I am trying to be like you........you know brah my mentor! :w00t:

Since my shoulder surgery in Oct, I havent shaved the head since so she is slowly getting there!:naughty:

mymint87
05-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Dudical,

You don't want long hair:banned: .............

even though .........

I've never been in jail (or any kind of detox facilities)
I don't drink alcohol,
don't do illegal drugs,
have security clearances on all military facilities, border stations, Jails, crime labs, law inforcement buildings, morgues and universities or campuses (sp.)

I still manage to get "rolled to secondary" at every checkpoint I drive through.........:rolleyes:

Don't know if it's the hair or the scud I roll in or both,
but it sucks being me...:postwhore

ScottZJ
05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Roger that! I think the guards on the base look at me alot harder now but wearing a shirt and tie helps alittle. Once it gets long enough, then I will put it in a pony tail and slick it back (Steven Segal look hahaha) and maybe it wont be as noticeable.:naughty:

mymint87
05-10-2007, 04:37 PM
(Steven Segal look hahaha).:naughty:

I just ran into Steven Segal....dude is a GOD fearing, America loving, conservative like me..... :postwhore

anyway,

Me and him were just chatting on the subject of chinese buggies, and he said He loves those Joyner brand buggies and Rhino's, he said they would make a great present for the :welcome: "love of your life":welcome:

THATS RIGHT!!!!

Steven (and he hates it when people refer to him as Stephen) Segal endorses Joyner brands:w00t:

.................just thought I'd pass that on to you:D

82300R
05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
post up some :pics: when ever you decide on something! can't wait to see what you get.:beer

ATC-Eric
05-10-2007, 07:44 PM
I just ran into Steven Segal....dude is a GOD fearing, America loving, conservative like me..... :postwhore

anyway,

Me and him were just chatting on the subject of chinese buggies, and he said He loves those Joyner brand buggies and Rhino's, he said they would make a great present for the :welcome: "love of your life":welcome:

THATS RIGHT!!!!

Steven (and he hates it when people refer to him as Stephen) Segal endorses Joyner brands:w00t:

.................just thought I'd pass that on to you:D

Thats freaking hillarious!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gravelord
05-10-2007, 10:25 PM
The guy obviously doesnt want to/or cant spend that much as to get a joyner or something like that, so stop suggesting such expensive alternatives to a cheap chinese buggy that wont fit anyone but a child. We already went over this. His only option would be a FL250 (no suspension) or a FL350 - or he could go out and get a VW buggy or some other custom deal. thats really the only options in the 3000 or less range.

mymint87
05-11-2007, 09:08 AM
The guy obviously doesnt want to/or cant spend that much .......... so stop suggesting such expensive alternatives

oh mighty gravelord, we worship you for your blessed advice you have bestowed upon thine Triker:postwhore

MEMO TO gravelord
Your user name has gone to your head, obviously YOU think your opinion on this matter should be burned in stone like the Ten commandments, he has blessed you with a response to your post and now you think your ordained as the alpha and omega (or to put it so a flunk can understand) the beginning and the end......................................well, your not:banned: ..........

from reading your posts, you seem to be :rolleyes: flopping:rolleyes: ....like a fish on the deck......your tails going fast, but you aren't going anywhere

i don't mean to pick fly poop out of pepper on ya partner, but look at this mixed bag of BS
there was this awesome site i found ODyssey Salvage..... DONT EVER BUY FROM HIM.you found an awesome place to buy parts but don't buy from him?:crazy: .........thats real good advice:rolleyes:

NJ triker,

feel free to let him make that final (if any) decision...

let me put it to you so a Flunk could understand.........

ScottZJ asked for opinions.......ScottZJ is getting opinions...........

so , :idea: get out of my face or I'll roost ya with my 3 wheeler:idea:

gravelord
05-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I dont know what that was all about. But whatever. You arent seeing what this guy is looking for, hes obviously looking for a budget buggy. and you guys tell him Rhino or Joyster. I say thats not really a option and i tell the options in that budget, which isnt brain surgery.... and you insult me over the internet.... "gravelord" was the name of my solo project, i do black metal music. Go ahead and make fun and talk all you want about how you think im a jerk because i know about price ranges, and im trying to help this guy out. i dont care. he already thanked me obviously he took my advice and it helped. sometimes i wonder why i even bother opening my mouth sometimes, if on this forum people try starting peoples with each other, just because they feel like it..... looks like someone has some low self esteem to me, and hes trying to bring it up by looking like a tough guy. i wont sink down to your level, i am out of school and i left the drama behind with it. you should have too.

Rm250RF900R
05-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Just a thought, but have you considered a argo or max 6 wheeled drive amphibious vehicle. Probably too expensive but one of those would be cool, and they go anywhere you point it.

82300R
05-12-2007, 08:48 PM
always wanted to try out one of those.:Bounce

82300R
05-14-2007, 12:15 AM
got a relative with one of those buggies from sams. has a broke shock and a arm. may see if he wants to get rid of it cheap. have no idea who makes it though.:wondering

vanet
05-16-2007, 02:48 AM
check out Buggynews.com (http://www.buggynews.com)they are really into the buggys. They are just like trikes some good some garbage.