PDA

View Full Version : Where does our registration fee's go to?

Banage
04-26-2007, 12:11 PM
A couple of us have been talking to everyone we know, and nobody has an answer. We pay to register our trikes/wheelers/bikes, but yet trails only continue to close. Here in my state, you cant ride anything in city limits, and out in the country (cabin) you have to be 25 feet off the road, and unless your big foot, you cant ride over trees. The new signs they put up say people found riding in the city will be fined and have the ATV impounded. What the hell do i pay the fee for if it only closes trails and I gotta pay a fine and impound fee any ways?

Sorry to vent this makes me mad.

mopar_man
04-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Sounds like you're paying for the signs they put up. :lol: I think the fees here are used for keeping the trails groomed. It also probably pays for the DNR to go out and give tickets to the dinks out there.

hrc200x
04-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Come up to highway 61 north of duluth, there is going to be a bike path stretching over 100 miles, they are already done with it in places. They are bridging all the large rivers, and not parraleling the highway exactly so that probably also pushes up cost. One of the bridges that is up is hideous looking. I'm pretty sure thats where our registrations going.

Then when the DOT clears a few trees next to the road to get more sunlight onto the highway to melt ice faster they get chewed out for making it look ugly, its supposed to be a scenic highway.

Yea, surprising how 100 miles of paved bike path can pass through the law books in no time, and dirt ATV trails are not getting opened and even closed down because of the delicate plants that grow in the area.

And back to the bike path. A guy just wrote into the local paper last week that its his right to ride on the highway and not on the bike path, he feels he's putting less people in danger by riding on the highway because if he was on the path he might hit kids, dogs, other people. So they are getting special roads built for them and still not using it.