PDA

View Full Version : summer project drag bike

Air-cooled-R
04-26-2007, 03:44 PM
WEll I'm wantin a summer project. Im want somethin thatll hall *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* through the dunes. Ive got a 82 250r in fair shape that I'm wantin to drop a cr 480 motor in it since I've been told that theyre a pretty easy drop in. My second idea: Ive also got a 98 blaster that I'd like to drop either a cr500 or yz426 or something close to that. I really dont want to use a different type of chassis either. I'm wantin to stay w/ the blaster or airfooler. What do you guys think. just give me some help to straighten out.

cr480r
04-26-2007, 04:20 PM
I would buid the 480 trike... with that kind of power a blaster chassis would be a joke...

BigGreenMachine
04-26-2007, 04:32 PM
A fat tire R would be a nice duner. The Blaster would be kinda stealthy with that "aircooled" stock looking motor in there but you'd give away the surprise with the extended swingarm you'd need on it.

cr480r
04-27-2007, 02:50 AM
I rode a stock width blaster with a +4" over swinger and it 2-wheeled worse than any 3-wheeler.... A trike with a +4" turns way better IMO... And with a trike you dont need to buy extended a-arms or fancy shocks... or live with the awfull vibrations that come with the quad chassis... Plus a fast 3-wheeler is just plain sick.... a fast quad is just that...another fast quad...

Chevy200s
04-27-2007, 12:38 PM
WEll I'm wantin a summer project. Im want somethin thatll hall *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* through the dunes. Ive got a 82 250r in fair shape that I'm wantin to drop a cr 480 motor in it since I've been told that theyre a pretty easy drop in. My second idea: Ive also got a 98 blaster that I'd like to drop either a cr500 or yz426 or something close to that. I really dont want to use a different type of chassis either. I'm wantin to stay w/ the blaster or airfooler. What do you guys think. just give me some help to straighten out.

Cool man, I've been very slowly working on the same project with the 480 airfooler. I'm using an 84 frame with is a little different but its the same idea. I heard the same thing, that it was an easy bolt in mod. Now I'm not saying its overly difficult but there are quite a few things that come up that dont often get mentioned. For example, both the kick start and shift have to be modified, they dont clear the frame. I am planning on having a shaft machined that fits on the splines and brings it out about 3 inches, and then having some bracing underneath each. You also have to either reweld your ATC pipe or CR pipe, or have a custom pipe made. I'm having my brother reweld my ATC pipe. The rear motor mounts line up nice, the front you need to make some but its not too far off. I have a thread from when I started doing this with a few pics if its any help.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=64182&highlight=atc+480r

I would have it done by now, but money has been tight lately, school has been really busy and my motor needs more work than I thought. Post up some pics if you end up going the 480 route!

200x Basket
04-28-2007, 05:56 PM
i live within 2 hours of you and i have a 500r that i would sell!!! i also have 2 water pumper 250r's that i would sell.

Air-cooled-R
05-01-2007, 01:13 PM
any more help guys?