PDA

View Full Version : Does this make you mad?

R Nutt
04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I've been looking at "rpm_atv's" Ebay auctions for a long time.
Man i hate watching this person butcher up so many nice trikes!
It does make it nice for us that need good parts, but man its sickening.
It looks like he is currently parting a nice 86 200x.
Where does he find all these trikes?

Whats your opinion?

BigGreenMachine
04-26-2007, 07:57 PM
We all need parts. I always look on ebay to see whats available and its nice to see people like them selling used parts.

Now if it was an ultra-rare trike then I could see it as being something I wouldn't do but I'm sure the owners of the same machine would be like "YES!!" because everyone is going to need parts.

Life goes on and I'll do whatever it takes to keep my Tecate alive.

84honda200s
04-26-2007, 08:03 PM
yea i pisses me off. but ive bought a few items from them and im kinda glad he does it in a way. i dont like that they butcher them but its people like them that keep our machines going. notice most of their parts are off trikes like 200s, 200x, and other bikes that are not to hard to find.

jason85atc250r
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
you have to figure that the one nice 200x will be saving 20 or more from being parted out.

3Wheelers4Life
04-26-2007, 08:25 PM
you have to figure that the one nice 200x will be saving 20 or more from being parted out.
true but still if a 3 wheeler is in very nice condition it should not be parted out. it is getting harder and harder to find good condition 3 wheelers. the ones that should be parted out are the wrecked 3 wheelers and the ones in really bad shape or the ones that someone just rigged up to get a couple more rides out of

if you can, if the parts for you 3 wheeler are salvageable, no matter how ugly or broken they are, try to save them because one day the used discontinued parts will be all used up and there will be no more ever!!!:cry:

mopar_man
04-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Whether it's an old 4-door Mopar that's rust free or a clean runnable trike, it always pisses me off to see them being parted. So your car/bike needs parts. Get it from something that's beyond repairable. Don't butcher something that's still very much usable.

grundlegrabber
04-27-2007, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=3Wheelers4Life;489786]true but still if a 3 wheeler is in very nice condition it should not be parted out. it is getting harder and harder to find good condition 3 wheelers.

That's why it's up to us guys, bro. We all gotta do our part, everyone restores a few, keep them nice and keep some extra parts around. It's kinda like having a zoo for an endangered species, you know?? The "butchers" are out there, yes, we all gotta make a living. All you can do is get some parts off them to fix up yours and keep it nice. :cool: :D