PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on New Quad!

almer
04-30-2007, 03:23 AM
I you guys were to buy a new utility quad what would it be I was thinking I wanted a 750 brute force but I dont think they offer them in EFI so I may go with a 800 polaris. Let me know what you guys think!

smokinwrench
04-30-2007, 07:56 AM
A few of us went to the dunes last weekend and there was a 660 Grizzly there. Out on the dunes with s et of huge mud tires he pulled it up into wheelie and a fairly good rate of speed and rode the wheelie a long ways. I was very impressed with what he doen on that thing all weekend long. They said somethign about a ew Grizzly with the EFI 700 engine in it.

I really good friend of mine has a 800 portsman and he has a few minor mods on it (cdi, shocks, etc) and it will not wheelie or anything. It is a work only machien but he can keep up with aobut anyone in trails with it he just works really hard it.

I think some of these new 4x4 utes are nearly as much play as they are work so it depends on what you plan on doing with as to what you buy.

400exguy
04-30-2007, 08:06 AM
I love Honda but believe there 4x4's are a bit behind all the others as far as the new added on extras that people are coming to like. For reliability honda is hard to be beat. However, I saw some of the infomercials on Can-Am and they seem to be awesome. In the tests they were best in class in all catagories, even the 500 (or maybe 450 cant remember) outperformed some of the other brand bigbores. I know these test and tv infomercials can be bias but I liked what I saw.

Greiver430x
04-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I talked to a guy that owns a 800, and he said he had alot of problems with it. Not sure what they were but I'm just going off of what he said.

z400nate
04-30-2007, 06:54 PM
If you are going for a new one, you need to decide what displacement you are looking for. A Can Am renegade 800, or the outlander 800 would be good choices, that rotax engine puts out 62 hp stock. Or the new grizzly 700 w/ power steering ande efi is nice. Or the honda rincon 680, king quad 700 are also good choices. I would stay away from polaris though. Just my opinion

2strokeBandit
04-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Go with the grizzly 700. You will not be dissapointed from my point of view. I have rode them and i love it. I also really like the 660. They are fast strong and reliable.
Thats what i would buy

smokinwrench
05-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Go with the grizzly 700.

The 660 was unreal and if the 700 is that much more impressive I would be all over that 700.

I say go test ride a few and sit on them to make sure they are comfortable for ya.

almer
05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
ya a buddy of mine just bought a new grizzly today so I am gonna go test er out and see what she'll do, but yea alot of the guys you talk to on the trail and stuff say to go Yamaha if you are goin 4x4.The only reason I thought I might go Polaris is that I worked for them for 6 years and might get a good deal from the old boss but yea I heard the 800 is not all its cracked up to be.

84honda200s
05-01-2007, 01:22 PM
if i were to choose a 4x4 quad it would be the grizzly. they take a beating and do almost anything you want it to do.

ATC-Eric
05-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I would also suggest a Grizzly. Someday, when I temporailly have enough trikes, Im going to get myself a big boy 4x4. I saw a Group of guys on a Grizzly tour at a Finger Lakes once, They claimed they helped design the machine, and that they were touring the country hitting different mudd spots. The things these guys were doing was crazy!!!! They were cruizing through this mudd hole like they were on jetskis. To give you all an idea of how deep it was, one of the guys had his Grizzly burried to his handlebars!!!!!!!!!!! It was around 2 feet of water, then a hole bunch of leg sucking much! AND he made it out. They all had snorkel kits of course. I need to find that video I took and post it!

82300R
05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
my 07 bf 650i has met and exceded all of my expectations. awsome machine at a very good price. no regrets. but all of the big bores a great machines imo. just whatever suits your style.;)

Macs
05-31-2007, 09:45 AM
I have just two words for you ARCTIC CAT. I bought a 700 and have not been disapointed. I pull brute's and grizz's out of the mud all day long. I went nose to nose with a brute the other day and flipped him on his back. They have a ton of power and are very reliable. The only thing that is better is the Canam but those are way to pricey. I paid 8k for my cat and i couldnt get a canam the way i wanted out the door for less than 12k