PDA

View Full Version : my girlfriend cant ride.....

gravelord
04-30-2007, 10:15 PM
my girl friend just got a 400ex, shes used to riding a blaster. her blaster had bad brakes etc etc, so she always blamed riding slow on that. she still wont get out of 1st gear, barely into second, sits there like a sack of potatos (no body english at all), afraid of any rough terrain, wont slide the bike out, not aggressive on the throttle, nothing at all. its really very bad. i tried to show her how to ride she is afraid she said. any advice? please help. this is bad. she said she wants to learn. i dont know what the problem is ???

BigGreenMachine
04-30-2007, 10:18 PM
The problem is her/your attitude. Let her ease into it and find her limits, don't push. I'm going through the same thing with my g/f. She knows how to ride though, getting use to my Tecate pretty quickly too.

ccdhowell
04-30-2007, 10:22 PM
My wife's the same way, just tools around on her Ozark while me and my oldest daughter search for speed and more fun. It's ok, she catches up eventually, just enjoy the ride.

Black86tri-z
04-30-2007, 10:27 PM
buy her a polaris or something automatic so she can concentrate on rideing not shifting!!!!!!!!

gravelord
04-30-2007, 10:37 PM
she already had 2 automatics, then the blaster, then this. its like shes starting to give up on riding even. shes too afraid she said i dont know. but she goes really really really slow... its pretty bad. i mean especially with the no body english.

seadoo650
04-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Give her time. My wife was the same way. She actually broke down in the middle of a ride once and had a panic attack and started crying.

She is over it now.:pics: :w00t: These are both pics of her doing MX and Drags.

gravelord
04-30-2007, 10:49 PM
i was riding with her sunday, she road for like 5 minutes i was playing around where this one jump is, and a open feild and what not, i look over shes sitting there... i keep riding.. shes still sitting there, i thought something happened, i go over im like "what happened?" this is the day after she bought the quad, the day before she road it only a few minutes too, she tells me she doesnt feel like riding!!! i asked why she said shes afraid. she said its not because its too fast, shes just afraid to go fast. then she said and even admits she cant ride and doesnt know what to do, i try to give her tips with no luck...

gravelord
04-30-2007, 10:51 PM
by the way seadoo, one hell of a women you got there!!! haha... mine needs to hang out with yours - maybe she wont be such a wussy! too bad your not in jersey - actually, TOO BAD IM IN JERSEY! (in case you didnt know there isnt much land to ride here........)

DixiePlowboy
04-30-2007, 10:57 PM
My 2 cents is figure out what type of riding/terrain she likes the best. Maybe take her somewhere new that offers a type of terrain she prefers. Don't put any pressure on her to speed up, or ride out of her comfort zone until she starts to enjoy where she's at and what she's doing more.

My wife was the same way with scuba diving, but by my learning more about what's behind the nervousness and hangups she had, and adjusting our activities accordingly she ended up really enjoying herself.

SYKO
04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
MY girlfreind was kinda the same way, the only quads she ever rode was small utilities untill I got here a hopped up blaster, basically I told her and being honest about it, that if she wanted to ride she had to put forth a little effort to learn to ride, everything I own is faster than most utility quads so I got here the blaster, since I have alot of property I gave her the basics on the clutch and shifting and jsut let her ride, she got the hang of it and now she rips!! ask Fla 2-stroke she and him were draging in ocala and she was on his ass throught the trails, she not afraid to ride fast, she still is uneasy about jumping but I dont make her do it. it may take some time, and it may need to take a few more riding buddies and gals to motovate here to do so, but dont get mad at her.

gravelord
04-30-2007, 11:21 PM
i asked her to push me with the bumper of her quad to bump start me, because my kicker was broken sunday, just so i could get back home and fix it..... she was going SO slow in first gear, it wouldnt even crank my 250r in 6th gear, and she kept stalling it.... there are no girls for her to go riding with around here. it sucks. i dont really have many friends for my self to ride with.

icp4life162005
04-30-2007, 11:51 PM
just be patient man, try going with her on the same quad with her sitting in front of you and helping her along at her speed and offer encouragement and reassurance. If she starts to panic or anything then stop or take over without speeding up or pull over. No matter how or what you try what ever you do, DO NOT GET ANGRY OR FRUSTRATED WITH HER! it will only make it harder and push her further away from riding, possibly forever. Good luck man! P.S. The closeness of riding together helps with comfort on her part too, leads her to feel protected and reassured that she will be fine.

KASEY
05-01-2007, 12:06 AM
don't loose site of the PRIME objective of riding,,,,,, i can see by your posts your pushing to hard ,,, riding has to be FUN,,, you can't have fun with pressure to perform,, let her set the pace and you have fun with it while your with her,,, not everyone has the same goals while riding,,, maybe ride double with her and have fun with it,, oh,,, let her drive too,,, maybe if she sees you are actually ok with her she will open up to riding ,,,, take it easy on her,,,, after all she is your girlfriend not your WIFE!!!!:D :D :D :D

dizasterzrfun69
05-01-2007, 12:13 AM
like kasey said, dont be hard on her. It's also important that she wants to ride. My girlfriend didnt ride about 2 1/2 years ago when i got with her, now she FLYS. My girlfriend doesnt jump or anything cause she wants me to "show her how" but before that I need to learn how to jump :lol:

Even if your girlfriend isnt doing great so far just keep telling her good job when she does something right. When she does something wrong DONT yell at her lol, instead just tell her its ok and then tell her what she did wrong.

Dammit!
05-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I took mine out riding for the first time in her life not too long ago. First time riding anything, ever. 250sx... at glamis. She was fine around camp the first day. I then made a mistake and took into some small dunes close to camp the next day. She wiped out twice in less than 2 minutes. I didn't see exactly what happened but Mymint87 said the trike actually went over top of her. She could have gotten hurt but she got away with just bumps and bruises.

I didn't push her into going over there but I should have known better. If she would have gotten hurt, it would have been my fault entirely.

smokinwrench
05-01-2007, 07:59 AM
My wife rides very timidly also at the begginning of the season. After a few rides she goes pretty good, she can keep up with my boy on his TRX90 (she rides a 500 scrambler).

I can tell your getting grouchy about this. I would find another coupel to go ride with hopefully the other girl has a little more riding experience and can give her tips woman to woman. That is what helped my wife some.

atctim
05-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I would say she just needs some more seat time. I am talking about hours upon hours of letting her get into her comfort zone - after all a 400EX is alot different than a Blaster. Take her on some easy trails and have her lead. The more comfortable she gets - the more confident she'll get. Ease off her and have a good time.

Billy Golightly
05-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Sounds like she is very nervous and is concentrating to much on doing it. Tell her to just get on, go and have fun. Don't worry about working the clutch and the brake and the throttle and all of that correctly. Get on it and GO!

xman23
05-01-2007, 02:07 PM
have her ride behind you on one of your wheelers, start out slow and gradually get faster than at the end just tear it up with her riding with you, then when she hops on hers it will feel slow for her hopefully

Kintore
05-01-2007, 02:29 PM
I just plunked mine on the ole 200. Told her to lean into the turns and only stay in 1-2nd. Then she took me out on her quad, holy hell she gives her!

My advice is to just let her go at her own speed, dont try and show off, and tell her being slow is ok.

ATC-Eric
05-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Put yourself in her shoes. This is new to her, let her work at her pace. Praise her when she does good, and give CONSTRUCTIVE critisizm if neccessary.

mymint87
05-01-2007, 04:39 PM
She just needs to log some time on a smaller quad like a TRX90....something she can throw around:postwhore

Jason T
05-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Concentrate Concentrate..........:rolleyes:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/hondapilotuk/General/th_MOV00010.jpg (http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/hondapilotuk/General/?action=view&current=MOV00010.flv)

Banage
05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
I am going through the same thing. She started using only 1'st now we are up to 3'rd. I know she only enjoys trail riding, so thats where we stay. And I never leave her behind. If she rids slow, So do I, she likes it cause when she is left behind she thinks she is boring me and gets frustrated and wants to quit riding all together. Dont get me wrong, when I get out with my buddies its 5'th gear all the way. But in my group, That is saved for us guys. When the ladies are with, Its slow peacefull riding.

erectordale
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I know this sounds kinda weird but my girlfriend couldn't even ride a polaris automatic 3 wheeler ( ask jswinehart the cedar tree won). We moved too a flat location and I let her ride my big red (her's now) and she slowly learned how too handle it. There was a lot of days I wanted too fly jump and just tear it up but I patiently took my time riding slowly and let her feel comfortable with me riding slow (no Pressure ) She actually found she learnt more when she rode only around the yard alone. She tells me now that she didn't feel pressured and if she makes a mistake no one would know lol.

gravelord
05-02-2007, 10:16 PM
she wont get on my bike with me. so thats out. she goes so slow, i have to feather my clutch if i go her pace, and my clutch is going to get burnt up haha. ive tried everything. she isnt new to riding guys. you guys keep acting like shes new to riding..

icp4life162005
05-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Do like I said DON'T HAVE HER ON YOURS! You need to get on hers with her at the bars, and you riding *****.

Dirtcrasher
05-03-2007, 08:43 PM
DAM!! I was SO lucky with my ex fiance'. She claimed that she had ridden her friends Raptor and I though to myself - No F'n way did she ride a 660CC quad. So I let her ride the 250SX and she rode it great after she learned to turn it.

Then I bought her a Blaster and put a pipe on it and she just ripped it up. I'd come home from work and she'd be in the backyard on my track with a halfshirt on and camo pants. She was so excited the day she landed the double jump........ I was the luckiest guy in the world to have a hot chick that loved to ride and I F'D it up. I will regret losing her for the rest of my life.

Take your time and be patient, she'll love you even more for it and you'll have a riding partner any time you want one......

brapp
05-04-2007, 10:08 AM
you could always do what i did with my ex. i put her on the 450r and put a 17tooth front sprocket on it so it couldnt go slow and she got tired of stallign it so she gave it hell just to keep it moving.lol