PDA

View Full Version : EBAY auction, buyer didn't read description......REFUND??

Dirtcrasher
05-01-2003, 03:57 PM
I advertised the title as 200 S E M EX Great seat!

In the description it states clearly " this is a 1981 ATC 200" and goes on later " I do not know what else they fit as many models may interchange, email me with any questions".

Now he wants to reurn it because it doesn't fit his ES.

There was also a top picture, and at the end of the auction I sent him a bottom picture??

I have to pay for the auction and start this all over again, would you give him his money back??

Not trying to be an ass but EBAY is work and takes time as does shipping, packing etc.

TimSr
05-01-2003, 04:09 PM
This is only my suggestion, but Id refund his money, but not the shipping, and he should pay the return freight as well. You shouldnt have to eat it for his mistake. Along with offering the refund though, Id make the suggestion that he may want to just resell it on Ebay, and save himself the return shipping.

Ive bought wrong items before, and I just resell them. Ive never lost more than a few dollars as opposed to paying two way freight.

mike from long island
05-01-2003, 04:50 PM
same here i agree with timsr just retirn his money less shipping or ask him to resell on ebay. he should have asked more questiosn do i would blame him but hate it when it happens to me. i bought a tri-z swingarm that was stated as not broken or cracked and it has a really bad crack. i emailed him and he said he would refund my money less shipping. i only paid $12 bucks for the swingarm so shipping it back would cost more then the swingarm. so i will use it on a extended swingarm project someday lol good luck

Dirtcrasher
05-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Mike, the swing arm listed as no cracks, cracked!! I would have demanded he pay freight also, yes I know it's easier to just eat it but he outright lied to you.

I offered to take it back but asked he pay the freight and the auction listing and final value fee.

I can't pay for an auction I didn't get paid for because the buyer failed to read the description.

Thank you for your input, much appreciated!!!!!

mike from long island
05-01-2003, 10:27 PM
i hear what your saying. i dd ask for my money back becasue it was cracke dand he said get it welded but would send payment (less shipping)once he recieved payment. i just said the hell with him. i dont have time to waste on him. plus ill keep my eyes out for him on ebay lol win some lose some

ATCRYDER
05-02-2003, 12:10 AM
No. You have no reason to refund the money unless YOU want to.

Dirtcrasher
05-02-2003, 07:11 AM
Here's the latest. He Emails me saying that he was actually bidding for a friend that had no EBAY account. Then the friend paid me with PAYPAL, now I kow why he didn't respond to my emails. Seems like they should've been just a bit more careful.

Who knows who actually read the ad -" 1981 HONDA ATC " and decided it would fit an 84 200 ES??? is beyond me.