PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know there was other demented people out there!

carmen cafro
05-02-2007, 03:06 AM
I haven't been on a 3wheeler in 22 years! I switched to quads in 86. About 6 months ago someone gave me a 85 Yamaha 225 shaft 3wheeler. I cleaned the carb and it fired up. After 5 minutes riding, it all came back to me. I was hanging way off the fender in a full lock slide. It was way more FUN then my quads. I needed more!

I have since bought 6 more 3wheelers, but they even though they are more fun than my quads, they weren't as fast. You see my quads didn't use to be fast enough either, that is until I slammed a CR500 and a XR650 engines into them. This leads me to my plan.

I want a Honda XR650 3wheeler! The engine is counterbalanced, it has Mega torque, and has way more top speed then the CR500. (I GPS's my quad at 94 mph) After some measurements, I realized that the stock Aluminum motorcycle frame is very close to my 350x. I started planning the conversion. All my quad friends think I am insane. My wife just shakes her head and walks away. I really thought that I was the only person on the planet that would do such a thing! That is until I stumbled upon 3wheelerworld.com

I just never imagined that all you demented people are out there. I have been reading about all of your conversions and custom creations and I can't get enough. When I get this trike done, I'm gonna drive across the country to Trikefest. I'm glad you are all out there because I'll need some advice and help with my project. I would like to know what anyone thinks about my plan.

I'm back on 3.

350Xhilaration
05-02-2007, 06:34 AM
:welcome:

This place is a great resource for info and good people.

Can't wait to see the progress on your conversion. I guess you'll need to start a thread in the Mad Scientists area to fit in with the rest of the "demented" folks!!

TrikeFest is a blast. I plan to make it a yearly trip. You think you'll be able to pull off the conversion by June 21st?

Good luck and keep us posted. I know there are tons of folks that love reading conversion threads.

Billy Golightly
05-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Welcome fellow brethren of sick and twisted mechanical machines :D You'll get a long just fine here...Can't wait to see some pictures of that 650 conversion. Lots of talented and knowledgeable people around here, fire away with whatever questions you have!

SYKO
05-02-2007, 09:22 AM
WHOOOO HOOOOO!! ANOTHER RETARD TRIKE RIDER!!!! lol arnt those darn thing illegal??? lol!!!! be easy THEY FLIP EASY!!! oh and remember to not do wheelies...why?? becouse it makes the oil go to the back and can cause serious part failure!

YAMAHONDAMAN

Bryan Raffa
05-02-2007, 09:24 AM
:w00t: :welcome:

if ya stick around long enough you'll find out whatYAMAHONDAMAN Means!

chris200x
05-02-2007, 10:03 AM
:welcome: Here's a few pics of Randy's 650 Tecate in action. This thing is freakin siiiick! :w00t: :crazy: :D

3Razors
05-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Xr650 is a conversion that i've wanted someone to do for a long time!! Are you going to use the alum fram or stuff the motor in the 350x?

carmen cafro
05-02-2007, 07:54 PM
I plan to leave the engine in the aluminum motorcycle frame as it is as tall as the 350x frame. It also looks to have the same rake on the goose neck. Then I will mate a 2006 TRX450 sub frame to the motorcycle. The 06 sub frame has a battery so I can have an electric start and eliminate the problem of the rearward kick starter. I have a spare molly swing arm from my 650 quad which uses a Elka 400ex linkage. I would have them make a custom shock to reach the motorcycle frame top shock mount. The thing that I haven't figured out yet is the triple clamp setup. It looks like the 350x clamps will hit the stock motorcycle radiators so I may need a custom clamp that is about an inch forward. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Shooting for 08 TrikeFest

SpeedBump
05-02-2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=46119&highlight=conversion

Read thru some of that thread. It worked out fairly good, but make sure to get the clamps correct of the steering will NOT work properly. Mine needed changed to be better...heavy steering and not very tight turning radius. Can't wait to see your brute of a trike. Sweet trail machine. SB

firefirefire90
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
San Diego duner! You hittin up TF then with that then?

Need to tell the rest of the SD people. MOTOR it out!

Can't wait to see this project done!

torker
05-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the "MENTALLY AND MECHANICALY INSANE" part of 3W.W.

I think you'll love this. Watch out tho. This sickness is highly contagious!!! lol.

TORKER.