PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Ks Tornado

smokinwrench
05-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Here is a link to some pictures of the F-5 tornado that hit Greenburg Ks on Friday night. This town is about 50 miles east of me. 1 guy I work with lost everything he owns. Another guy I work with parents lost everything they own. I have an aunt and uncle that live there they own 1 of only about 10 houses left standing in town. I was told this evening that the grain elevator is unusable now and will have to be torn down also, they are normally 18 inch thick cement.

I had to work near there today. It was unreal about 6 miles south of the town. John Deere combines that had been tossed around like volley balls everywhere. Dead cattle all over the ditches. Houses and barns comepletely destroyed. None of the trees that are standing have any leaves.

Worst of all 4 national gaurdsmen and a cop were caught looting.

http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/050507tornadoaerials/

rustyhondas
05-10-2007, 07:06 PM
man that sucks,i bet lotts of folks died in that, that looks terible,

were there any 3 wheelers hurt?

ATC-Eric
05-10-2007, 07:30 PM
OMG! Check out picture number 9 :eek: That water tower is twisted and smashed!

And then check number 21. I think I see a lime green Duster in there!

I think its horrible that 8 people lost their lives. On the other hand, I think its amazing that ONLY 8 people lost their lives after looking at those photos.

And thats pathetic about the looting. These people lost friends, pets, homes, all their belongings, then here come the "helpers" only to steal whats left.