PDA

View Full Version : Attn all 250 sx owners!!!!!

Dirtcrasher
10-22-2002, 08:10 PM
I posted this about two years ago at the old site but just recently returned only to discover this new and improved site. It's getting cold! - You may or not know this but Honda determined ages ago that most of the 85's will not or barely start in the cold weather. I'm in New England and even 30 degrees I could'nt start the machine with electric start - I feel bad for the kickers! Anyhoo, Honda decided they screwed up and offer a cold start kit for that trike. It was 50$ at my dealer and I'm sure cheaper in the mags but it consists of a new starter jet and a vent hose kit. Works incredible! You can identify by looking at your carb - it will have a series of vent hoses tied in together instead of just a couple or it just will not start for crap in the could. If anyone has trouble I have the kit number somewhere in this house! good luck. :-D

bebeav
10-22-2002, 09:51 PM
good to know, thx Dirtcrasher.

for those one who own a modified 250sx, what did you do???

ALP
Beav

10-23-2002, 07:32 PM
HONDA start kit. 06161-HA0-305. It was 58.74$ starter jet and vent hose kit. Should be right part number but some dealers may screw with the part number. Ya screw a sheet metal screw in the starter jet and it pulls right out - I'm sure the starter jet has the largest effect versus the hose kit. The vent hoses come with a guide which attaches to the topof the carb and help loop the hose down to connect them together. That is how you can identify whether or not your 85 has this kit. Supposedly ALL 85's need this upgrade.
Furthermore I found this through a SERVICE BULLETIN at the dealer, she left me the book as she was searching for the price and I was amazed to find MANY bulletins for trikes - rear bearings, coils you name it. Different for all models and years - just like auto recalls only not fo free. Just ask to see the book - don't let the muck muck give you weird looks - they got it!
I couldn't wait so I went local, but Western Honda - Arizona (602) 994-8400 has the BEST prices and free shipping over 100$ I challenge anyone to find better prices Midwest Action Cycle is good but not as good.

Enjoy the easy starts!!!!
Dirtcrasher :D

Howdy
10-23-2002, 09:52 PM
I looked it up on www.ServiceHonda.com here is what I found:

Item Number 06161-HA0-305
Description START KIT
Qty-Pack 1
List Price Each $52.13
Our Price Each $41.13