PDA

View Full Version : Lift or Lower?

El'Capitan
05-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Well ive pretty much finished the interior of my jeep (racing seats, 4pt harnesses, new gauges, new carpet, ect..). its a 89 xj. Now i have to decide weather i should drop it 3'' or lift it 3-4.5'' thank for any imput :w00t:

atcnoob
05-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Its a jeep, lock it and lift it :)

then again, i'm biased, i'm a jeeper myself

ATC-Eric
05-10-2007, 12:31 AM
No question.

LIFT THAT SUCKER!!!! :w00t:

El'Capitan
05-10-2007, 12:37 AM
thanks for the imput. you guys are deciding what happens. keep it comming.

smokinwrench
05-10-2007, 07:47 AM
If you lower you might as well have bought a VW Beetle with daisy wheels. Jeeps get lifted.

SYKO
05-10-2007, 08:57 AM
man, when I was around 17 I bought a wrangler put hydrualics on it and 13 inch wire wheels, and had a blast!!! it would three wheel so easy and it was nice to not have a top on it, I wish I still had a picture

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/2037810349.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/1977770492.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/3710631915.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/3696215871.jpg

just my opinion I prefer everything lowered

84honda200s
05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
jeeps should never ever be dropped. they are off roading rigs not street rod wannabes lol.

SYKO
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
well who says so.. a model T was never ment to be turned into a hot rod, a motorcycle was never ment to have a v8 engine, originality is better than comformality however the hell you spell it, lol

84honda200s
05-10-2007, 01:21 PM
man a jeep is made for rugged terrain it a fact. however the xj would look ok dropped but noy a yj or tj. the yj and tj looks allot better with big tires.

ScottZJ
05-10-2007, 01:46 PM
LIFT IT TO THE MOON:D

I think I had around 10-12" of lift on my XJ. I put ford bronco axles under it and modded the fool out of it. Boy do I miss that sucker cuz it was built to a T. Fully geared and locked, it could go most anywhere.

Here are a few pics of mine lifted.....see how good it looks.

84honda200s
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
LIFT IT TO THE MOON:D

I think I had around 10-12" of lift on my XJ. I put ford bronco axles under it and modded the fool out of it. Boy do I miss that sucker cuz it was built to a T. Fully geared and locked, it could go most anywhere.

Here are a few pics of mine lifted.....see how good it looks.

:drool: :drool: :drool: now thats a jeep ! that is a kick ass ride for sure man. nice work. bronco axles were the danna 44 rite? or were they the dana 60 ? i think they were the 44. them are some heavy duty axles man. again nice jeep. what happend to it ?

ScottZJ
05-10-2007, 01:55 PM
D44 for the front and a 9" for the rear with a detroit and a full spool lockers and 4.56 gears. I ended up selling it to some kid from CT. They actually drove it back from TN to CT and it made it LOL. He is now using the mess out of it following buggies and said he can go where they do. I just didnt have time to use it like it should and no local places around here. In TN it is 99% mud holes and that sucker was built for trails and rock crawling. It has seen Moab and Rubicon and did great.

ATC-Eric
05-10-2007, 02:00 PM
well who says so.. a model T was never ment to be turned into a hot rod, a motorcycle was never ment to have a v8 engine, originality is better than comformality however the hell you spell it, lol

I completely agree with you Alan. Im just a mudder at heart :)

El'Capitan, the question on my mind, will you actually mudd this thing if you lift it? If this Jeep is just your daily driver to work, I would say drop it. I hate seeing those guys on the road with super lifted trucks that never see mudd.

84honda200s
05-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I completely agree with you Alan. Im just a mudder at heart :)

El'Capitan, the question on my mind, will you actually mudd this thing if you lift it? If this Jeep is just your daily driver to work, I would say drop it. I hate seeing those guys on the road with super lifted trucks that never see mudd.

hmmm that is a very good question man. i should have asked that before i voted lol.

84honda200s
05-10-2007, 02:10 PM
D44 for the front and a 9" for the rear with a detroit and a full spool lockers and 4.56 gears. I ended up selling it to some kid from CT. They actually drove it back from TN to CT and it made it LOL. He is now using the mess out of it following buggies and said he can go where they do. I just didnt have time to use it like it should and no local places around here. In TN it is 99% mud holes and that sucker was built for trails and rock crawling. It has seen Moab and Rubicon and did great.

i hope you got a good chunk of coin man. that thing is worth every penny.

El'Capitan
05-10-2007, 02:32 PM
it will be a daily driver. to school and work. and it will be used to trailer a single quad/trike.

84honda200s
05-10-2007, 02:35 PM
drop it then man. no use in having it jacked up if your not going to use it.

ATC-Eric
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Either way you go, make sure you beef up that rear suspension. These Jeeps will sag REAL quick once you start putting a load on them.

Banage
05-10-2007, 04:48 PM
If its a 4x4, It should never be lowered.

rustyhondas
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
low rider jeeps are so stupid. 99.99% of people around you will laugh and say bad things about it and you when they see you driving down the road,

like when you drive by one of those riced out imports with ugly ground efect kits and stupid japanese letters and words on it and race stickers and badges all over it.

Every one says look at that idiot or look at that stupid lookin POS.

a cool old lowrider chevy car or old chevy and ford trucks lowerd are cool,I think they can be cool even if there painted primer grey, nice wheels on a old cady or impala is cool man, but doing it to a 4x4 jeep makes me want to shake my head.

I personaly would rather have a off road vehicle to drive around in the woods with ,playin around on teh weekend,and just looking tough around town in a capable trail vehicle.

I would not want to drive around representing some gangster street life image BS that a low rider is all about.I am to white and nerdy for that.

SYKO
05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
low rider jeeps are so stupid. 99.99% of people around you will laugh and say bad things about it and you when they see you driving down the road,

like when you drive by one of those riced out imports with ugly ground efect kits and stupid japanese letters and words on it and race stickers and badges all over it.

Every one says look at that idiot or look at that stupid lookin POS.

a cool old lowrider chevy car or old chevy and ford trucks lowerd are cool,I think they can be cool even if there painted primer grey, nice wheels on a old cady or impala is cool man, but doing it to a 4x4 jeep makes me want to shake my head.

I personaly would rather have a off road vehicle to drive around in the woods with ,playin around on teh weekend,and just looking tough around town in a capable trail vehicle.

I would not want to drive around representing some gangster street life image BS that a low rider is all about.I am to white and nerdy for that.

hey millionair!! not everyone can afford to fix up an OLD vehicle, many can only afford to fix up what they have, its unfortunat at people like you hate everything but the NORM, I enjoy everything fixed up wether it be lowrider, 4x4, mini, euro, bike trik quad, I dont descriminate. When I was 16 I lucked out and bought an old crysler newyorker 68 in fact by the time I was 17 I painted and had hydraulics and everything else done to it, now 45 customized vehicles later everything from lowriders to 6ft lifted suburban I can appreciate everything, Hopefully I will have the lucky opportunity to ride up next to you one day in my higher than stock ford truck, drop the bags and shower your POS off the road in sparkz.... SYKO OUT.

it dont matter what you do JUST MAKE SURE IT KICKS AZZ!

rustyhondas
05-10-2007, 06:49 PM
i wish i was a millionair.i am just a working class dude like most folks.

whatever man , A 4x4 jeep with crack dealer rims and system and all of the other basic yo yo home boy hop up, is about as stupid as it gets in my book.
all that glitters is not gold.

the only air bags you would ever find under my truck would be part of a tow package.

horse power and traction will allways be king of cool in my book,and i am sure i am not the only one.

200xcellent
05-10-2007, 06:57 PM
If done right anything can look good, i voted to lift the jeep just cuz i like lifted vehicles, not cuz i hate lowered ones. Plus, i think you will find having your tow rig a little more off road friendly it will come in hand when your playgrounds dont have paved/ stoned parking lots (ie. haspin haha).

ATC-Eric
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
That is a good point about having it there just in case 200xcellent.

I agree with the previous posts, as long as you do it right, it will look good EITHER way.

jason85atc250r
05-10-2007, 10:13 PM
i voted lift it. if you do the 4" lift your talking about and 32 inch tires it'll still be good on the street.

since you have a 89 cherokee what rear alxe does it have. they had a dana 44 option in 87-89 instead of the dana 30

we put a 96 ford explorer 8.8 rear axle assembly in my friends 99 xj cherokee. rear disk brakes and stronger axle shafts:twisted: he has 8" lift and 35" swamper SSR's

chris200x
05-11-2007, 07:48 AM
i wish i was a millionair.i am just a working class dude like most folks.

whatever man , A 4x4 jeep with crack dealer rims and system and all of the other basic yo yo home boy hop up, is about as stupid as it gets in my book.
all that glitters is not gold.

the only air bags you would ever find under my truck would be part of a tow package.

horse power and traction will allways be king of cool in my book,and i am sure i am not the only one.

Although I do not agree with some of the posts you make on here I must agree on this one. :beer I hate the GHETTO look! :banned:

Sorry Syko.. but a jeep lowered with hydrolics? :rolleyes: Cmon man.. THATS http://forums.edgeemu.com/images/smilies/supergay.gif :D

SYKO
05-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Although I do not agree with some of the posts you make on here I must agree on this one. :beer I hate the GHETTO look! :banned:

Sorry Syko.. but a jeep lowered with hydrolics? :rolleyes: Cmon man.. THATS http://forums.edgeemu.com/images/smilies/supergay.gif :D

BEAOTCH!!!! you totally punked me!!!why I aadu! last time I saw any one gay riding around it was a chrysler sebring convertable that was painted pink now thats GAY!
:welcome:

chris200x
05-11-2007, 08:42 AM
LMAO!!!! Sorry man. But I'm going through something similiar with my son. gangsters, rap, pimp my ride all of a sudden all this crap is cool? AND wtf is up with MTV.. I never see music videos on there anymore.???

I guess I'm just old school. and sorry for the vent! :mad:

jason85atc250r
05-11-2007, 11:40 PM
you have to watch MTV2 to get videos. the headbangers ball is back on saturday nite from 11 to 1 in the mourning on MTV2

oh and back to the subject. i seen a bumper sticker that is a good reason to lift the jeep it said " lift it fat girls can't jump"

El'Capitan
05-12-2007, 12:06 AM
bumper sticker that is a good reason to lift the jeep it said " lift it fat girls can't jump"

HAHAHAHAA :lol: :lol: :lol: just because of that, im gonna lift it ;):w00t:

firefirefire90
05-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Lift it to the SKY! Thats how it does! Get some lockers in the front, with some Dana 44 or Dana 60's..MMMMMMMMMMM