PDA

View Full Version : My game just exploded in my cd drive

Banage
05-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I just bought it about 15 months ago, It had no cracks that I know of. The computer is only 2 months old. I was in the middle of the game, and heard a crack. I thought someone threw a rock at my window. I searched the house and found nothing. I went back to the game, and it was frozen. So I popped the disk drive open to reset the game, and found only shards of plastic. I thought this could only happin on Mythbusters. But sure as im sitting here, it just did. I dont want to open the computer up and get the rest of the chunks out yet caust its still under warrenty. What the hell?

Rm250RF900R
05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Email mythbusters and say it is possible to explode a cd in a regular cd drive. Mythbusted my ass.

longbedGTs
05-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Sucks big time, but I had to LOL at the 'Myth busted my *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*!' comment.

84honda200s
05-14-2007, 04:57 PM
ive done it a few times. mine does it because i play games for hours and hours on end. they get real hot and crumble lol.

oscarmayer
05-16-2007, 11:08 PM
the issue these days are the cd's ar epumped out so fast they no longer car about quality. so you end up with Cd-s out of balance. couple that with the increased speeds of the drives these days and BAM. lost a server dvd player that way.

anyway, i'd contact the game maker first with photos of the mishap try to get them to cover your mishap, including repalcing the cd/dvd drive. as your warranty will mostlikely not cover this (unless youpaid for the anything happens to it it's covered warranty)

ceaserthethird
05-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Dam boy how long were you playing ?

ScottZJ
05-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Well 99% of the scraps should be contained within the CD Rom and shouldnt be in the main computer. So just replacing that would take care of your problem. But depending on where you got your computer, they might not replace that. If not you can get a cheap DVD rom/burner on ebay for around 25$ easy.

icp4life162005
05-19-2007, 06:30 PM
ALL scraps will be in the drive and why get a busted broken piece of crap off ebay when you can get a brand new DVD RAM drive with a warranty for the same price from NEWEGG.COM Its is the best site for computer parts. I built the very capable computer I have now out of parts all purchased from new egg except for my hard drive for under $250. Thats including a new case, and better power supply. Opening the side case of your computer will VOID THE WARRANTY. Its sad to say but you will need to take it to an authorized repairman or return it to the place of purchase for a replacement computer.

MikeRWK
05-19-2007, 09:03 PM
this happened to a guy i know exept the cd came out of the drive. Quality is *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* now a days.