PDA

View Full Version : Rider down and out.

PLJ.
05-02-2003, 10:53 PM
I lost a very good friend this week in a freak motorcycle accident. Matt, "Jason" Dec died on Monday while riding home from work on his Kawasaki Ninja in Lansing, Michigan. He was 30 years old and is survived by his wife, who is do to have their first baby in 2 weeks. I lived with him in college for 2 years, snowmobiled in the U.P with him and always kept in touch over the years. He was always very interested in my "old ATC's" as he called them. I showed him my R's a few weeks ago but didnt have the chance to take him out on one. At the funerial today, his older brother stood up and made this wonderful speech. "If Jason were here right now, he would be very angry at us for carrying on like we are!! He would tell all you boys, to keep doing what makes you happy and to get on with your life". He was speaking directly to many of Jason's friends who ride street bikes, sleds, etc.
This incident brought back the bitter reality to me that life can end at any moment and that we should all be prepared for one, and second realize and appreciate our lives for what they are. By being prepared, I am speaking two ways. One religon and two life insurance. Are you sure that your family will be provided for if something tragic were to happen to you?? This could be a very big problem if you were gone!! Think about it.
I appoligize if this note is not uplifting, I could not bring myself to post any parts or trikes for sale tonight only this note.
RIDE ON JASON RIDE ON. PLJ.

KASEY
05-03-2003, 12:06 AM
I AM TYPIN IN CAPS CAUSE I AM THINKING OUT LOUD!!!!!!! ITS ALWAYS TOUGH TO LOOSE A FRIEND,WIFE, SISTER,BROTHER OR PARENT,,,,, LIFE IS SO VERY FRAGILE, SO TAKE A CHANCE YOU WON'T REGRET IT , TREAT OTHERS WITH RESPECT ,AND SMILE ONCE IN A WHILE ,ITS CONTEGIOUS,,,,,,,,,,, JASON WILL BE MISSED!!!

REDMAN225
05-04-2003, 02:25 PM
sorry to hear that man.......our thoughts are w/u.

Andrew
05-04-2003, 03:44 PM
sorry about trailprotrailpro friend man,lifes short,live every day like theres no tommorow!

atcmatt
05-06-2003, 05:06 AM
sorry to hear that :( you only get one chance at life so take it easy

matt

Andrew
05-09-2003, 08:45 PM
take it easy?!!? shock WTF x

atcmatt
05-10-2003, 07:45 AM
wtf????? yeah i see what you mean!!!!!! umm well take it easy SOMETIMES :D

PowerTrike
05-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Very sorry to hear about it man. I have lost an uncle in a motorcyle accident and i know how painful it is. My sympathy goes out to you.