PDA

View Full Version : need help asap with title question?

DarkestGKnight
05-20-2007, 06:52 PM
ok i just got a bike my friend gave me a yamaha vision, it does not have a title and he doesnt no the name of the people who had it before him casue they didnt give him a title or anything, if i go to my dmv can i get a title? thx tim.

scooterroo
05-21-2007, 09:19 PM
the worst you can do is not try. give them a call and see what they say.

fishguybri
05-23-2007, 10:17 AM
ok i just got a bike my friend gave me a yamaha vision, it does not have a title and he doesnt no the name of the people who had it before him casue they didnt give him a title or anything, if i go to my dmv can i get a title? thx tim.

just go to progressive dot com and go to vehicle search then enter your vin # from the bike frame or motor

DarkestGKnight
05-23-2007, 08:52 PM
ok i want to progressive and couldnt find any vehicle search? can u help me out maybe a link?

Erics350x
05-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Some states have vin search on there web page.

Macs
05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
What will happen is go down to the DMV. They will do a vin search. They will send a letter to the owner with the title. If the owner does not respond in 60 days they will give you a temp title. Then if it goes so much longer you will get an actual one. Now if the owner sends back the form and release's liability of the bike to you they will give you a title. If the owner comes back and says he wants it then thats a whole diffrent story. I would run the VIN# and try to find info before going through the dmv. First off it might be stolen and you do not want anypart of that and also if you can find the owners it is so much easier and cheaper. On my GT750 it took me a little over a year too get a title. The original owner was dead so it was hell.