PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Moto owners I need your advice!

_brad_
05-24-2007, 08:19 AM
So I buy these bearings for my 84 Tri-Moto 200:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=130114161699

I get them today and this is what I get. (see attached pic)

Now, can someone else tell me these are NOT for a 84 Tri-Moto 200? The seller SWEARS they are. I tried telling him they are NOT the right size but he's hard pressed on them being the right ones... I did not even get the other seal! I got one correct size bearing and seal and one large bearing I have no idea where it goes.

This sucks. I hate crappy listed items! :mad:

team-red-rider
05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
looks to be possibly 84 ATC 200ES

TimSr
05-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Bearing should be a 6008-2RS. You can find bearing sizes for anything in the Dennis Kirk catalog. I cant imagine why anyone would buy an All Balls kit on ebay when we have an All Balls dealer who is a member of this and other forums, a three wheeler enthusiast, and who has a superb reputation for great pricing, quick shipping and a world of knowledge on the correct application. Dads is the All Balls man.

TimSr
05-24-2007, 04:00 PM
looks to be possibly 84 ATC 200ES

You can tell this from a picture?

_brad_
05-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Damn, I wish I would have know that someone on here sells bearings... I should have known though... Its sounding like this seller is not willing to resolve this issue so I guess if anyone needs these bearings shoot me a price and we will go from there.

This sucks.

team-red-rider
05-24-2007, 07:42 PM
it looks kinda like the set i had bought for my ole 200ES ...no positive tho thats y i said " looks to be POSSIBLY 84 ATC 200ES"

chris200x
05-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Yup.. It pays to do a little research and not be in a rush to hit the buy it now on ebay (I know it's kinda late to tell you that) A simple post or a quick search here on the forums coulda saved you alot of time and headaches.

Will the seller take them back or replace them with the proper ones? I've bought several sets from Dads here on the boards and never had any problems. In fact one of the last sets I got from him (tri z front wheel bearings) were a size or two too big. A simple PM and a few days later I had the right ones. He even refunded my shipping costs. no questions asked.

_brad_
05-29-2007, 05:48 AM
Yeah live and learn I guess. I just PM Dads. The ebay seller is being totally shady with this entire situation. At first he stated that they are for my trike and that basically I ordered them and thats what I got... Now he is saying to send them back but wont tell me about their restock fee or anything! So I'm afraid that I will send them back, pay for the shipping, and pay for the restock fee! So then in the end I could have basically bought a new set.

I wonder if Dads would be interested in a partial trade of this wrong set for the correct set I need.. :wondering

thefox
05-29-2007, 09:59 AM
I don't have the part # but you are right and it is not for the YTM200. It most likely is for the YTM200E which is shaft drive; the rear bearings for the shaft drive Yamahas have a different size for each side. So you are right and the seller must not realize there is more then one type of Yamaha 200 trike.