PDA

View Full Version : Story of the day

MustangChris
10-12-2002, 05:25 PM
I was on call this today so I packed up the deer corn, deer blocks, feeders, and cameras. Pulled the tecate out of the garage to drive around the yard. I drove it for about 2 mins and it died, pushed it back to the garage. Pulled the plug to check if it had fire, well no fire there. Pulled the flywheel thing and found out the bolt backed out and snapped the key way in two. Went picked up another one and it worked just fine after that. Loaded it up and head to the deer lease. I knew the nut was missing from the kick start. I drove 44 miles then decide to get out and grab it off before it falls off. Get out and its not there, I was so pissed off I just want to chunk the bike into the river. Well, decide to go and try find it within this 44 mile stretch of road. I drove up and down for about 3 hours. Then I thought just go back home and start for there. BAM there it is 2 mins from my house in the middle of the street. So there went another weekend where I didn't get to go to the deer lease. Now I have to unload all the corn and crap and wait till next week.

Point of the story is if it isn't one thing, its a fu**ing another with this bike.

10-12-2002, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the 3 wheeler owners of America club, Chris :D :-P

freaksfix
10-12-2002, 08:10 PM
no its not 3wheelers its those damn kawi's :D :-P :D ;)

Jeb
10-12-2002, 08:20 PM
I had the same thing happen to my 86 Tecate once. flywheel screw loosened and it sheered the key. got another key, and it's been fine ever since. you'd think that would destroy the magnets and the stator, but it doesn't. :-D

That's cool after all that trouble that you did at least get your kick pedal back!

MustangChris
10-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Now I have a bungee cord on it for the time being until I can find another nut for it.

I took it off the trailer today and I notice I don't have the top speed I use to have. I was running about 60-70 now I was barely keeping up with cars doing 35. It acts like it wants to bog down now, the only thing I can think of is I put a fuel filter on it this time. I was running with out one since I bought it.