PDA

View Full Version : How long are the motos?

Huffa
05-26-2007, 10:58 PM
At least 20 minutes per race? How many laps ?

Can I screw around on the track every day when no races are ocurring ?

Billy Golightly
05-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Probably more like 10-15 minutes tops. The track itself is pretty small compared to an average MX track, which is better cause we don't need huge track when racing hardtails and stuff :lol: You can normally get on the track anytime during the week before the race is scheduled...however I'll be blunt and say its usually not even ridable until the day of or day before they are able to get out there and work on it some. Last year the rain had it torn up so bad, it was in rough shape before they smoothed it out.

ATC-Eric
05-27-2007, 03:56 AM
Me too Huffa, me too. Ive never really jumped my Z aside from in the trails, Im excieted to get there early to get a little practice in. Im looking to race in the novice class, and Id like to be able to hold my own.

Huffa
05-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Well if I go we will be sure to ride moto practice together.

Trikes I love to moto but jumping them can be really dangerous if you land crooked on them (on 2 wheels) .

Even the best jumpers would have to agree a quad is much safer in that respect. I'm sure the jumps, I would hope, are catered to the trikes and don't have anything approach wise that could whip your trike sideways.

More it gets ridden, the more of course ruts could and will appear and that's what you have to watch out for as the laps tally up, so what may be a good line choice yesterday, might down right blow the following day, although I think they said they grade it on Friday?

Thanks for the info Bill, I know I saw videos of 06 races a few months ago, think I'll check them out again, if I can find them.

Derrick Adams
05-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Pete will be dressing the track for us Saturday morning, so it will be in decent shape provided it doesn't down pour again. All the jumps at Haspin are trike friendly, but then again if you don't feel comfortable jumping, DONT JUMP. Most of the Novice riders will be rolling alot of the jumps anyhow.

As far as getting out of shape, all of the jumps at Haspin are rolling (not peaked). Which means no matter how you hit them you really can't get out of shape too bad. There is a certain amount of body english needed with any jump (especially on a trike) to keep the machine level. Just don't attempt the doubles if your not comfortable in the air! Ask 350xhileration...

Tri-ZNate
05-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Well if I go we will be sure to ride moto practice together.

Grab the SX too Huffa. We'll moto the Zs and then SXs. I already swore I'd be doubling and not rolling over. I didnt quite have enough masculine fortitude to Git On It last year :lol:

Huffa
05-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Grab the SX too Huffa. We'll moto the Zs and then SXs. I already swore I'd be doubling and not rolling over. I didnt quite have enough masculine fortitude to Git On It last year :lol:

:lol: :lol: masuline fortitude, never heard that one before :beer