PDA

View Full Version : 85 200X frame and front end.

Jim mac
05-28-2007, 01:14 AM
I picked this thing up. guy was going to toss it, but being a packrat and all I decided to take it. its only the frame, no swing arm or motor. but has the triples, forks, front wheel and disc. Is it worth trying to find the rest of the parts to get it running? Or just pull the front end and throw the frame away? I guess what I need to find is someone thats hit a tree with theyre X and tweeked the frame.
I sold a 85 250R roller to a guy who just totaled his trike, and put the two together and still has it. So what would you guys do with it? Jim

Nick_R_23
05-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Id take that frame off your hands if your just gonna throw it away. I need another one for my X. I didnt realize when I got it, they had put a 250R cradle on it, so Im out looking for another one. :(

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Jim mac
05-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I posted on craigslist to see if I can come up with a parts bike. if I dont get any bites your more than welcome to it. Not sure how to ship it though, or what it costs. Jim

Dirtcrasher
05-28-2007, 03:37 PM
50$ to ship an average frame, thats why no one buys them for more than about 30$. Beater 200X's run from 100 to 500$ so you have to decide if it's worth your time. Lots of time we forget to "pay ourselves" and lose our shirt. Unless you truly just love wrenching. I like it for my own benefit or for a profit but thats it.