PDA

View Full Version : Your MX gloves???

Dirtcrasher
05-28-2007, 03:38 PM
I go through gloves like crazy. What do you guys wear, what seems to last and where do you get good deals on them? I ned 2 pairs that will hold up a season with washing and crashing etc etc...

smokinwrench
05-28-2007, 05:12 PM
I wear gloves from Walmart in the tool section. They are PBR (Professional Bull Riders) endorsed. They look like a cross between work and riding gloves. They are the only gloves that will last me more then a few hours of riding.

Billy Golightly
05-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I personally hate wearing gloves, but have to wear them during flat track races cause of the rules. I have a pair of I think its Joe Rocket brand on-road motorcycle gloves about 2 sizes to large, I cut the fingers off of. They fit me loose enough they aren't restricting my movement and they don't give me arm pump near as bad as any others I've worn. They seem to be holding up fairly well wear wise too.

icp4life162005
05-29-2007, 12:04 AM
I have a set of Bell BMX biking gloves that I got at Walmart in the bike section for like $10. They feel great and last forever! I have had mine for 3 years now with very heavy riding on them. I use them for everything from riding to wenching and working. I have washed them dozens and dozens of times not to mention all the rain they see. There grip in the rain/when wet is almost amazing, If it starts to rain I put them on so I can hang on the the bars when jumping my quad, otherwise my hands slip off.

SWIGIN
05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
i just got a pair of fox dirtpaws and they are awsome

but my old gloves were answer and i got then in the mid 90s...lol

3leggeddog
05-29-2007, 02:34 PM
i really like the fox dirt paws aswell.also thor makes a very nice glove,i think it's the static.i've had my static gloves for 2 mx seasons,and i am not easy on anything!

seadoo650
05-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I've been using my Impact II gloves from Mac for the last two years now. They hav'nt tore or anything. Still in great shape.

They come in red, blue, black and yellow. Retail for $45. I'll go $40 out the door. Not too bad compared to mx gloves. If anyone is interested pm me and I'll bring them to TF for ya.

Just like these. http://garage.mechanix.com/detail.aspx?ID=3

honda_atc200es
05-29-2007, 09:12 PM
i wear mechanix gloves, its a temp solution till i go out and buy full gear, but they work good for me, i jus need gloves for grip and comfort.

trikerider2oo7
05-29-2007, 10:18 PM
FOX dirtpaws...the honda ones!!! w00t! they are awesome...i got a matching jersey and helmet too

84honda200s
05-29-2007, 10:26 PM
i use mack tool gloves or my old misfit snowboarding gloves.

Dammit!
05-30-2007, 03:16 AM
I need to find some gloves with decent padding in the palm. Back in the day they were common but all I can find anymore are just typical leather palms. Having some padding there makes a big difference on long rides. Reduces fatigue and blistering. Anybody know of a company still making them this way?

smokinwrench
05-30-2007, 07:52 AM
I need to find some gloves with decent padding in the palm. Back in the day they were common but all I can find anymore are just typical leather palms. Having some padding there makes a big difference on long rides. Reduces fatigue and blistering. Anybody know of a company still making them this way?

Goto a motorcycle shop and look at the sport bike gloves, I think that is what your wanting.

icp4life162005
05-30-2007, 01:52 PM
bell bicycle gloves from wally world, try them they are cheap and i love them.

super90
05-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Odyssey BMX bike gloves. There padded and feel really good on a twist throttle. I had them for a while now and theres only one small hole from putting up a fence post.

seadoo650
05-30-2007, 10:21 PM

Read my thead. Use the link. Really padded palm.

TimSr
05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Walmart or KMart weight lifting gloves have the padded palms, netted outer, and leave fingers free for strapping on the helmet without having to take the gloves off. About $6 pair. I love them for summer ridng. Bell has a bicycle version of the same thing, but they cost about double, and when they get wet, your hands get dyed.

Dirtcrasher
10-27-2007, 08:01 PM
You guys who suggested Walmart were SPOT ON!! I've been running "Red Rock" gloves since this topic and they are holding up great. There only about 10$ at Wally World and fit great with the padded palm. I don't feel "ripped off" buying these in comparison to the 35$ gloves I've been buying at my dealer.

SYKO
10-27-2007, 08:47 PM
for flat tracking I dont use mx gloves but a leather street bike glove, they have been beat to death and work great! got them at a cycle shopf for 15 wich was way cheaper than even the cheapest mx style glove

super90
10-27-2007, 09:37 PM
I cant stand riding without gloves.. just dosent feel right for some reason. But i picked up a pair of mechanix gloves from walmart a few weeks ago and there great. There not too thick so you have perfect control but still great grip and comfort.