PDA

View Full Version : I put 250 miles on my Wheeler!

LokoLobo
05-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Last weekend I put 250 miles on my 3 wheeler.. an 84 Honda ATC 200s..
IT performed wonderfully, except when I came to some muddy ruts in the trail made by 4 wheelers..

I did loose 3 of the 6 bolts that hold the recoil on and the two nuts that hold the carb on fell off some where on the trail.. Also had a flat tire on the way home.. but all in all it was a fun ride.. The 3 wheeler made it the whole way, which is more then I can say for the brand new 4 wheeler the guy that came with me was riding.. lol He got a flat about 12 miles from the end of the trail and because he had radial tires he didn't have an intertube that was easely patched..

lets see I paid $300 for my 3 Wheeler, he paid $6k for his 4 Wheeler..
I might have had to work a little harder, but I still think I came out on the better and.. that and I finished the ride.. :w00t: His ride made it home in the back of a truck..

The trail we rode was in Minnesota, it's called the south soo line, and old rail road grade that goes from Royalton, MN all the way up to Superior, WI.. over 114 miles one way. We went there, rode on some trails once we got up there, spent the night and came back the next day..

A few people though I was :crazy: for even trying to do this trip on the 3 wheeler.. And I had a few funny looks while on the trail, especially when they found out how far I had come on it and how much farther I was going..
It was an adventure and I'm looking forward to doing it again.. :p I think I might make it at least a yearly event..

LokoLobo
05-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Oh yea.. I got almost 40 miles per gallon on this trip also..
my 2 and a half gallon tank wheeler went farther then the 4 wheelers 5 and a half gallon tank did.. :beer

Huffa
05-30-2007, 06:07 AM
Are you SURE you got that mileage right, you went 250 miles ???

How long did it take you to cover 114 miles, 1/2 the trip?

If you really did go that far, that's unbeleivable !! :eek: :beer

.....then to think you did it on a unsuspended model.

No pictures at all, shame:rolleyes: ,shame:rolleyes: ,shame:rolleyes: .

Tri-ZNate
05-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Yeah I can believe that milage. The SX gets about 80 miles to a tank if you are constantly on it

longbedGTs
05-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Wow! Any overheating issues or anything from going so slow? Or...were you? I wish I could go riding for 250 miles! Hell, Id settle for anything at this point.
Yeah, edog is gonna castrate you when he sees this thread. :lol:

jason85atc250r
05-30-2007, 10:29 PM
i could believe that mileage. at the poker run on "REX" i ran the whole loop and running on the flat track and never filled the tank up.

ScottZJ
05-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Well I have done around 200 miles on a big red (250es) before and had a blast. But on a hard tail, now that is true riding hehe. Tell me one thing, did you have "monkey butt" when you were done? HAHA:lol:

honda_atc200es
05-31-2007, 04:21 PM
how is it riding with a hardtail bike, i have a 200es but i havent ridden it yet, i went for my first real trial ride on tuseday on an 86 trx200sx, and i was torn to pieces (full suspension my *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*) my fricken muscles still ache and i only went like 40 miles

chris200x
05-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I have to lie in bed for 4 days after a 50 mile ride.. :drool: and that's with some suspension.. I can only imagine 250 on a hardtail!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

cr480r
06-03-2007, 06:19 AM
He got a flat about 12 miles from the end of the trail and because he had radial tires he didn't have an intertube that was easely patched...

How do you easily patch a tube? Do you bring a bead beaker with you?

LokoLobo
09-17-2007, 01:07 AM
The trail I did the 250 miles on is called the "Soo Line South ATV Trail" here in Minnesota.. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/sooline_south/index.html (Soo Line South ATV Trail) It's an old railroad grade, sort of like a flat rocky dirt road for most of the way, to it wasn't to hard on the back... The worse part of this trail is that it's dusty but if your the one riding in front it's not so bad.. I got a few funny looks by some of the 4 wheeler people as I screamed past them on my little ATC... It was actually fun and I'll probably make it an anual trip each year..

My only suggestion is if you plan on doing a ride like this on a trail like this would to head out early in the day.. The tail goes through a bunch of small towns and if you have any problems on the trail there is usually at least one place in each of these towns that can help you out, the only problem with small towns is that most of there business's close around 5 or 6 pm and after that it becomes real hard to find any help...

MotorCity
09-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Thats awesome, I just picked up a 84 200S, and its good to hear someone putting in major milage like that. Great ride!

Chevy200s
09-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Thats great man, the most I ever put on my 200s was about 50-60 miles in one day going up and down the old train tracks by my house. I loved riding it on the hard tail, I figured I still got about 10 years or so before I get old enough to start complainin about my back hurting, haha. Great story man, glad to hear she held up good for you

The Goat
02-18-2009, 07:30 PM
does anyone know any other places like this down south. I'd love to take a hundred mile plus ride on my 350 when it's done.

acidburn
02-18-2009, 10:15 PM
i wish i could just ride my 3wheeler :( stupid cam chain fell off now im waiting on a flywheel puller.............................BLAH

GetLowOrGoHome
02-18-2009, 11:31 PM
I havent reset the trip meter on my speedo since I bought my trike, had it 2 weeks and i broke the 400 mile mark today... riding everyday after work and the weekends. Im sore as hell, and ive got suspension.

83ATC185S
02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Hardtail ftw! the most i have done on my hardtail is about 40miles, cant imagine 250 in two days!

brapp
02-19-2009, 02:11 PM
the most i have covered in a weekend is abotu 200mile sof dirt road riding on the foreman. and in 3 years i have put 16,000+ on i t. an dnot to mention allthe other trikes quads and bikes i have owned and ridden.