PDA

View Full Version : Cutting it close! Insert foot into mouth!!

sandpuppi101
05-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Well,well after last years fiasco of getting machine's together I said it would'nt happen again with pulling late one's just getting my machine's ready.I read these post of you guy's ,and pretty much all you's gotta do is load up for the week.. Please help me feel better and tell me someone else is in the same boat, and is gonna be cutting it close! I hope I ain't the only one way behind!Although I can't wait...:beer

dizasterzrfun69
06-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Well,well after last years fiasco of getting machine's together I said it would'nt happen again with pulling late one's just getting my machine's ready.I read these post of you guy's ,and pretty much all you's gotta do is load up for the week.. Please help me feel better and tell me someone else is in the same boat, and is gonna be cutting it close! I hope I ain't the only one way behind!Although I can't wait...:beer

you most definately arent the only one. My 310 r is off getting work done to it, my 350x needs the engine re-assembled and the whole chassis put back together (switching frames and swinger) and as far as my 85 R project...Well look up my thread on it...it still needs a lot of work. I also have to finish wiring my trailer, put lights on it, and get 2 more rims/tires for it. My girlfriends 400ex also has the front end apart waiting on parts to come in since she hit a tree with it. I absolutely GOTTA get my s*** together and sell that 85 200x for some extra cash also. you camping in the same spot this year?

Kevin

madmanwithmouse
06-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Im going over tommorrow to help corey (tri-tecate350) 'start' building his drag bike!

ATC-Eric
06-01-2007, 02:48 AM
My cylinders still off for a port and bore, and the rest of the parts are drizzling in.

I feel your pain, we're in the same boat.

Howdy
06-01-2007, 07:38 AM
I hope I ain't the only one way behind!Although I can't wait...:beer

I haven't even started yet. I honestly only have 1-2 machines that are close to being ready, and I normally bring 8-14 of them. I'm fixing to get started this weekend.
Howdy

atctim
06-01-2007, 08:35 AM
I have been in the same boat with you in 05, 06 and this year. I have machines apart - waiting on parts, engines getting built, and I normally spend very long hours in the garage the week prior to TF.

You are not alone my friend!

sandpuppi101
06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Well that make's me feel alittle bit better,LOL.. I plan on camping in the same spot Kevin,if all goes well.I got a kid coming over to help me out,mite take him on full time ,I'll have too see.I wish all of us luck and let's keep eachother updated when we get a machine scratched off the list.

Billy Golightly
06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
My 500 has not ran once since last year yet. Hows that for ready :lol:

Louis Mielke
06-01-2007, 11:56 AM
OK my punch list

500r
------
reassemble front end once forks arive for WA!!!!!
FABRICATE front brake caliper mount
repair broken subframe
replace rear brake pads

250r
-------
replace plastic once it arrives
fix rear brakes
replace front fork tube
install lowering link (might need to make a bushing)
misc odds and ends

-----
replace seat cover

300ex
-------
replace chain
fix fuel leak

400ex (my roomates bike)
---------
make it run again!!???!?!?!

f-250
---------
get tags and title
fix gauges
front tires
shocks all around
fix backup lights
who knows whatelse!!!!

sure I'm SOOOO close to being ready....can we postpone trikefest? lol

dizasterzrfun69
06-01-2007, 12:02 PM
sure I'm SOOOO close to being ready....can we postpone trikefest? lol

LMAO I feel ya louis. We all leave trikefest and cant wait for the next one to roll around, when it does we are excited and glad its here but at the same time wish it was another 2 months away at least :lol: It doesnt matter when its held. Whenever or where-ever it is, this continuous cycle will never stop :TrikesOwn

erectordale
06-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Let's see where too start: doing some engine mods too E.t.
350x needs a frame fix (welding)
500 motor on the bench needs re assembled
I need too build up Kevin's 250r motor
Big red has a brake squeak that needs fixed
move parts out of the Trailer remove shelving so It can haul my rides then get my gear around.

yep Just like the last 3 yrs

Jason Hall
06-02-2007, 08:05 AM
I don't think I'll have time to get my stuff ready. Looks like the little guy will be running the cr60 with out paint. My 500 probly won't even make the trip FRIGGIN BUMMER. The only thing thats ready Is my oldest boys ATC 85-r, because It did'nt need anything. My 310-r Is pretty close also cause It's un-changed since last year, this will be the 3rd TF on the same worn out piston. Sure would like to get the snowmobile powered pig goin again to but thats the last one on the list. The wifes ride just needs the tank shrouds put on. My 450-r needs little things finished. Don't feel bad sandpuppi101 your way ahead of some of us LOL.

Bryan Raffa
06-02-2007, 08:16 AM
good thing is all my bikes are ready BUT the truck needs a gas tank in the worst way...cant fill it past half tank...nothing like leaveing a trail of liquid cash behind ya!

Derrick Adams
06-02-2007, 08:30 AM
I have the 450Z 90% ready. All that the 250R needs is plastics and rear axle bearings. The KLT160 just needs a good bath! I'd say i'm 80% ready for Trikefest right now. I would like to stick some new tires on the 160, but not really a neccessity. At this point i'm just trying to figure out where i'm going to sleep. Really don't want to take another year in a leaking tent!

Mosh
06-02-2007, 08:45 AM
My machines are ready.Am I ? No.The only thing I might have to do before trikefest,is slap on my aluminum swinger Sprock is making for the mx tri-z.Oh yeah,And i have to buy a new tent.I am with Derrick on the old leaking rag one.

sandpuppi101
06-02-2007, 08:47 AM
LOL,and I was thinking I was in a desperate situation,I do feel alot better knowing it ain't just me ,as far as percentages go I am about 40% ready and that's being modest.Raffa you must have a Ford truck,those straps rub through on those units..Well I guess if somebody get's in a pinch and need's something just let me know and I'll send ya whatever ya need asap,I'll try to help ya's out however I can..Putting paint on the 600 today so that's one thing off the list,LOL..

Howdy
06-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Derrick / Rob, It might look funny, but get a cheap tarp from Wally World, K-Mart, ect and put it over your tent. It protects your tent from the rain and it also will help keep it cool during Hot days.
You might even be able to get one that matches your tents color and make it look better. I did this years ago and it really works wonders.
Howdy

dizasterzrfun69
06-02-2007, 12:09 PM
good thing is all my bikes are ready BUT the truck needs a gas tank in the worst way...cant fill it past half tank...nothing like leaveing a trail of liquid cash behind ya!

hahahhahaha me too, my filler tube leaks if its over about 1/2 full on my 93 f-150

Billy Golightly
06-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Geeze Jason, I don't feel so bad about my 500 now. I'll be third year on the same worn out piston too, not to mention I think my main bearings have got a 1/16th inch of play in them :lol:

erectordale
06-02-2007, 03:42 PM
well making some headway here the500 is running again and correctly 1 down 4 too go

TRITecate350
06-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Hehe, I am still looking at a painted tecate frame completely disassembled. :)

But I will be takin off work the whole week prior to trikefest to put everything together. Should be close.....

erectordale
06-02-2007, 08:18 PM
back too square 1 500 running like crap again

Bryan Raffa
06-02-2007, 09:46 PM
hahahhahaha me too, my filler tube leaks if its over about 1/2 full on my 93 f-150

just bought a brand new one on ebay...with straps..:w00t: now I can pass a few gas stations on my travels and not have to hit everyone:lol:

Howdy
06-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Good news!! I now have 2 machines ready after I pulled an all nighter at the shop. I got the wrecker breathing life again, and the steering linkage replaced ( Cody killed it a month ago ). I also got the swing are bushings replaced in the P3. So this takes me up to 2 ( the wrecker needs a slight bit of work yet, but a hour of work should take care of it.
Howdy

Louis Mielke
06-04-2007, 07:27 AM
I also have an update. I now own an f-250, got the breaks and shocks and other service done on it, located a big trailer to borrow AND got the left front fork on my 250r fixed.

Now I'm waiting for parts. :-(