PDA

View Full Version : Who has a bead blaster...

Dirtcrasher
06-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I have a pressure pot s blaster but I'd like to get a contained bead blaster for the little stuff.

I have a 6HP 35 gallon compressor that should be OK.

Just wondering what you guys have if you have one. I'm always hesitant to buy a Harbor Freight cheapo but maybe they work well??

Where do you buy the beads anyhow??

Thanks for any help!!

DeePa
06-03-2007, 02:54 PM
i have the 200 dollar one from harbor freight. Its perfect...

You can get the beads at harbor freight too. I use alum oxide for the heavy stuff and then glass bead for a better finish

youre close to be, drop teh stuff by or come use it for a day.

There is a harbor freight store in warwick, ri...so you wouldnt have to pay shipping.

mike

Dirtcrasher
06-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Thanks Mike,

Is it in a cabinet that recovers the beads? I'll go to the Website and check it out. I take it that it works well for you??

DeePa
06-05-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah it works great

it recovers and beads and has a vaccumm port to hook a shop vac up to. I wish it was a little better lit though.

honda250sx
06-09-2007, 04:55 PM
For the restorations i do on vintage sleds we have a Skat Blast cabinet. They are awesome. It has a good sized side door that accomodates just about anything. It has a 100Lb plus hopper. I have used everything from glass bead, to walnut shells for delicate motor parts. I get my blasting media from napa.

trikes4life
06-17-2007, 10:00 PM
i used one at boces called skat blast, it was sweet . I think it was better than harbor freight. We put some expensive glass bead in there because it is reuseable. the thing worked great to finish to parts. Put a top end in there, it did wonders. Painted it with high temp engine enamel Sp? If you wanted to refinsh parts, set up a small paint both, you would be set.