PDA

View Full Version : Who all here is going to oklahoma to do some headbanging in july?

86waterpumper
06-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I know alot of you here not only like trikes,, but all things from the 80's as well including the tunes lol. In july, oklahoma is going to have the biggest bunch of 80's bands ever. http://www.rockfeverfest.com/artists.php

Anyway just wondered if any of you were planning to come? I am hoping I can work it out where I can go :beer

ScottZJ
06-08-2007, 04:44 PM
You know I will be there Willie if you can go! hehe:beer

Dammit!
06-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I can smell the hairspray from here. :lol:

I love 80's metal but not that stuff. Never liked the pop metal/hairspray bands (although a couple of them like Dokken and Ratt had stellar guitar players).

SpeedBump
06-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Dokken was/is great! Just banging away on the way to work the other day!!! As for the concert..nah...if I am gonna make a trip to OK again, it will be with my rides! :w00t:

MO dx
06-08-2007, 09:46 PM
I`m a big 80`s music fan, those where fun yrs growing up. I was just listening to jackel today.

200x Basket
06-08-2007, 11:53 PM
my wife said hell yes, so where can we ride at?

ScottZJ
06-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Well I got Willie and I VIP tickets so we are ready to ROCK! hahaha

86waterpumper
06-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Woohoo yessir, tickets are bought now to just get some camping sorted out eh :w00t:

As for what is hairband and what is heavier metal everyone has their own opinions obviously. I think it's a blurred line at best. I love iron maiden and they certainly weren't mainstream but they made music vids and had huge hair too lol. Some would consider even them to be a hairband, and would listen to nothing but slayer or some sort of death rock. I think some of the bands playing at this show are obviously hair bands but some are not in my book. I have never considered twisted sister or wasp to be softcore metal by any means. Some bands like y&t started out really hardcore in the early 80's and then sort of mellowed out in their latter years of popularity. Nearly all bands heavy or not change styles at some point in their career. Back in the early 80's when metallica kill em all came out I doubt those guys had any idea about making a album alongside a orchestra such as they did a few years back hahahaha.

ScottZJ
07-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Its one week away and we will be rockin the house down! Man there are going to be thousands of people coming there. I hope they have enough room haha.:w00t:

Dammit!
07-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Couldn't help but think of this. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9T7beIAo3I

GoodKarma
07-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Dokken, one of my all time favorites, if you go to their earlier albums!

If you're going to be in Oklahoma, you HAVE to go to Little Sahara dunes and enjoy that place. It was my first dune experience, and one that I have nothing but good to say about.

atc200xok
07-14-2007, 07:28 PM
yeah go to little sahara its the best