PDA

View Full Version : Title question, and whats it worth? 200X

Jim mac
06-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Does having a title for a trike raise the value? I hear folks in AZ that want to take their trikes south of the border, tell me they need a title to go across the border. Im sure it makes it easier to sell. But whats everyones experience? By the way whats a clean 87 200X worth. looks like only thing missing is the tail light. If I get rid of one, Im going to put the fender thats got about a 3 inch crack on it and the seats got a tear. tires a great, key works. needs cleaning. fork boots need replace. I posted pics of these a month ago.

SWIGIN
06-11-2007, 06:50 PM
it depends on the person, a title dont mean much to me...heck my bike dont even have a vin number

Dirtcrasher
06-11-2007, 07:25 PM
A title means nothing to me.... As long as it can be registered, I'm happy. Those 200X's you have cold range from 700$ to 1500$ depending on comdition and buyer. In parts, they could bring even more, esp if some of the parts are in nice shape. I've seen tanks grab 200$, rear brakes almost the same and alot of those parts are very desireable.

If you do part it, I'll be happy to look into your stuff as I have 2 of these styles also.

AND, for any whiner that says "DON'T PART IT OUT!!!!" be aware that each and every part svaes yet another trike from it's very own part out or death...

Jim mac
06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
definetly not parting them out. Only thing it looks like it needs is a good cleaning, and shock boots. Only reason im even half thinking of selling, is to build a big block for my car. Heck I don't think the tank is even dented or rusted. jim

deathman53
06-11-2007, 08:57 PM
I only have titles for 2 of my dirtbikes and one of my atc250r frames doensn't have a vin number on it. Next year there will be another, also using a crf450r motor.

Dirtcrasher
06-11-2007, 10:06 PM
If your not going to part it and it's that nice, then it better bring at least 2000$.

I buy alot of parts from a certain EBAY seller that recently had 2 86200X's. I "watched" the auctions of 1 of them sell piece by piece, he brought in over 3000$............

Jim mac
06-11-2007, 10:22 PM
last trike I sold a couple months ago was a really nice running 86 250R, it had cracked plastics, but good tires, ran great, needle on carb stuck because fuel would leak out the overflow. It was titled in my name. Basically got P.O.ed at it because it got in the way of my chevelle, everytime I went to work on it. I sold it for a grand just to get it out of my way. Im only into both of these trikes for $275 bucks. I had to buy a oring chain and sprockets for one of them. If I can get my wife convinced to get rid of some of the JUNK in the garage. I'll have room for them. Ive also got a 86 200S thats titled in my name and a 76 90. Plus just picked up a 80cc yamaha big wheel. Im trying to trade that off for another trike. Jim