PDA

View Full Version : Good mud treads?

RedRider_AK
06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, I'm looking for some mud treads to shod my Big Bear with. I ride tundra, fireroads, trails and lots of superdeep snow in the winter. I don't mind some increased roughness if it helps me get out of ditches more effectively. Lightness especially a good thing.

Also, how good are those 100 dollar 2-inch lifts I see everywhere? Even High Lifter has them. They seem like they just move the a-arms down farther, will that angle cause extra joint wear?

On another unrelated note: Can you really use truck-type Super Swampers if you order 14 inch rims? I've seen a Swamper with a 225/85R14 size rating... seems like that would be the hot setup if you're really fond of driving over nails or something LOL.

On another related note: TSL Vampires look very very cool.

3Wheelers4Life
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
i heard spider tracs go good in the mud and snow but i never tried them.
http://www.online-motorcycle-parts.com/images/ATVTIRE-ITPSPIDERTRAC.jpg

RedRider_AK
06-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Looks like a Wooly Booger with tweaked bars LOL.

82300R
06-12-2007, 08:20 PM
i have 27 inch itp mudlites on my brute force 650i. i like the way they perform. not that expensive either. they are not that popular with hardcore mudders but they were not designed as a pure mud tire anyway. even though "mud" is in the name. they are also one of the lighter tires out there.

RedRider_AK
06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah there's some people in town with Mudlites, they say they're pretty good.

Listen, the Big Bear comes stock with a REALLY low gearing. I'm talking first 4 gears are under 30 mph. Super low. Granny gearing. I want to know how tall I can go with my tires before it becomes reasonably normal.

Nick_R_23
06-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Go get a set of ITP Mudlites from Power Sport Stuff LLC. Its right across from AK Fireplace just before Wasilla. The guy's name is Tom, great guy, he sells them for pretty cheap. He can get them in any size you want.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

RedRider_AK
06-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I just talked to a dude who gave me 4 ITP Blackwater XT's for free! I was fixing his Kodiak for him, cleaning carb, etc, and he mentioned to me that his Blackwaters were super hard and his back got sore every time he rode his machine, and asked if I would trade him my stock tires on my Big Bear (with about 40% tread left) for his 27x12x12 Blackwaters (with about 80% tread left). I accepted instantly, and when I measured the pressure, I figured that maybe his back was sore because he was running about 8 psi in tires meant for about 3. :lol: Anyway, I'm gonna get them mounted sometime next week, and then I will show pics!

84honda200s
06-16-2007, 02:18 AM
use the swamp fox pluses. i had the regular swamp fox tires on my 200s and the did wonders. now imagine the weight of a quad on 4 swap fox pluses instead of 2 regular swamp fox tires . man you would not be disappointed. opps lol nvm all that i just saw you got some. hell yea man free is good rock on and ride it like you stole it or i wall . lol peace

brapp
06-16-2007, 10:19 PM
one of the best mud snow and turf tire i have ever tried is a gbc gator they are kind aheavy but they eat and hav never gotten seriously stuck.