PDA

View Full Version : moped mods

hondahaulic
06-14-2007, 11:22 PM
hey, iv'e got a buddy with a honda ruckus moped. I know it sounds kinda dumb... but what are some things we can do to get a little more top speed? we looked at the throttle system on the carb and theres not really any kind of "restricter" like there is on alot of mopeds. anybody ever experimented with a carb swap or tried to open up the tiny exhaust system somehow?

super90
06-15-2007, 12:22 AM
2 stroke right? You could either get a bigger carb for it if they make them , aftermarket exhaust, port and polish it. Theres probably more little things you can do to them I cant think of.

hondahaulic
06-15-2007, 01:06 AM
actually the newer ones are pretty much all 4 stroke, but those same things will still all apply. we couldnt find much for aftermarket parts but i have been thinking about maybe trying to rig up a carb from a smaller trike or something with a custom intake manifold. he doesnt really wanna put alot of money in it and also he isnt very mechanically inclined, and i dont really wanna tear into the engine since its not my own.

tbirdscott
06-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Bigger jets, hotter plug, and a leaf blower. Think about it :naughty:

Scott

firefirefire90
06-15-2007, 01:55 AM
i don't know what your talking about, but all the expensive "race" mopeds are two stroke. My neighbor had one and he just put on aftermarket carb, intake, pipe, port and polish, filter, piston, and a whole bunch of other gearing modifications. Goes like a bat out of hell. Don't know what it is, but it is a 3 speed.

hondahaulic
06-15-2007, 01:45 PM
oh ok im sorry your probably right. i dont really know anything about these but his is a 4 stroke and quite a few newer ones are 4 stroke, but if its high performance "race" moped i can definately see where it would be 2 stroke.

J.D.
06-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Race.....moped??????? Sounds like an oxymoron.

firefirefire90
06-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Race.....moped??????? Sounds like an oxymoron.

:lol:

i don't know all i know is its fast

hondahaulic
06-17-2007, 03:36 PM
actually, i think "race" mopeds might be an actual thing lol. quite a while ago, i remember flipping through the channels and i saw 2 mopeds (yamaha zumas?) on an oval track racing going maybe 50 or so lol. dont remeber the channel or really what was going on, i only watched it for maybe 10 seconds.

RedRider_AK
06-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Bigger jets, hotter plug, and a leaf blower. Think about it :naughty:

Has someone done this with a 110 yet?!