PDA

View Full Version : thinking of selling a trike, but...

Jim mac
06-15-2007, 09:32 AM
we decided to load a bunch of household stuff to take to the swap meet. I decided might as well toss the atc90 just to see if anyone is interested. This thing has always started, well I go to start it and load it but of course the darn thing will not start!
So back the the garage she goes. I guess its time for a new plug. Last time I tried selling a bike, guy came over and it wouldnt start. He was basically going to strip it and let his kid learn on it. Personally I thought the bike was too nice for that. I ended up finding a guy that wanted to restore it for his wife, and traded me a 87 200X. So maybe its karma. We'll see. jim

micahstclair
06-15-2007, 11:20 AM
How much, and what year is it? Micah

Jim mac
06-15-2007, 10:09 PM
was going to sell for $300, But I think im just going to order a new carb from beatrice cycle, the one on there just doesnt seem right. Ive cleaned it installed a new kit etc. I figure for 45 bucks for a brand new carb, I cant go wrong. jim

Jim mac
06-17-2007, 11:15 PM
I go and move the trike out of the way today, just for s#%#'s and giggles I decided to see if it will start. Of course it does, after 3 pulls!!! jim

rally4x4racer
06-18-2007, 06:39 PM
doesn't sound like a carb issue...

good luck with it.

Jim mac
06-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Im all ears if youve got ideas? Ive adjusted the valves. changed plugs, checked gap on the points moved the timing up and down. Hate to say this, but when I ran a pin vise in one of the holes it feels crunchy. almost like something is stuck in it. Jim